Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do heavy deadlifts thicken your waist/midsection?

And that's it: Balance.

In conjunction to the thick erectors and obliques, you'll be gaining thickness/width in your shoulders, back and legs.

I think that's niiiiiiice. :D

in 12 weeks of deading it.. I've gone from a loose 34 to a fit 36 inch waist size.

part of that is due to the bulknig adding a little bit o' gut.. but it is mostly due to back/oblique size

T

My waist has gotten a little bigger but wouldnt trade DEADS for anything.

PICK

IT

UP

bbuniv1.jpg

WTF!...and Help!

My bodyfat is around 10%, yet my waist sucked in is up to 39 inches. It used to be (25 years ago) around 32 inches. The only difference in my training is that I do a lot more heavy core lifts these days including deadlifts, squats and bent over rows. My mid-section is growing faster than my chest and shoulders. If this keeps on going I'll end up with a physique doing a good impersonation of a tank if that hasn't already happened.

yes... and wearing my belt for near max lifts has shifted my abdominals upward a bit... so my upper abs are blockier... and my lower abs are still fairly narrow...
i would not trade anything for the functional... brutal strength i have gained from heavy deads and squats...

Talk about a bump... fuck me!

Yes of course you have got a bigger waist havnt you read any of this thread? Everyone said they had added waist size from heavy core lifts

i would not trade anything for the functional... brutal strength i have gained from heavy deads and squats...

On the plus side, my back is strong and I no longer have any lower back pain as I did in my 'skinny waist days'.

The trouble is I always wanted a good taper, and that is just not happening. I train my upper back and chest very hard yet the gap is still closing.

On the plus side, my back is strong and I no longer have any lower back pain as I did in my 'skinny waist days'.

The trouble is I always wanted a good taper, and that is just not happening. I train my upper back and chest very hard yet the gap is still closing.

Dont do any weighted oblique work. Behind the neck presses are good for making you wider although alot of people wont do them because of the whole rotator cuffs debate thing

Top Bottom