Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Did Jay Cutler deserve to win Mr. Olympia?

Did Jay Cutler deserve to win Mr. Olympia?

• Total voters
Victor, Dexter, Tony Freeman, these guys have what physiques should look like. Symetry. Neither Ronnie nor Jay have it IMO.

i have alot of respect for both ron and jay. coleman because the guy trains balls to the walls hardcore 24/7 365. good for the size he has, bad for eventual injuries which is basically what put him down this year. i cant believe the guy hasnt had any injuries that would effect his training until this year. he did have bad injuries to one of his tries and one of his lats. pretty hard to train the way he does with injuries in those areas. if he can heal up 100% he def may beable to win one more.
jay is a very smart lifter. he trains in a manner that avoids injuries as much as a person can that needs to gain and maintain that kind of size. he could be a champion for a long time with his training methods. if the judges ever do judge based on small waist ect ect, i beleive jay could restruture his body to a more astetic look and win based on the fact that he would have some major striations and as solid a base as anybody. just my 2ccs........

Ronnie will probably come back next year and win it once more before retiring. Just for once i wish somebody wouldn't just go out on top, i know these pro athletes don't want injuries at an older age so they slow down and stop, but i'm waiting for the day when a badass comes along and gives it his all, wins the Mr. Olympia 15 times, he sets a real fucken record. Makes Arnold and everyone look small, little, and pointless. When are we gonna get a true badass? I'm tired of people only breaking the record of 7 ( set by arnold ) by getting 8 wins. Don't get me wrong thats good to win that many times, but shit Arnold could of won probably several more years if he really wanted to and didn't go into acting.

jay has the look guys and looks healthier IMO. ronnie and dex look like they are going to die, with that green/yellow hue they have going on

Correct. His look on the stage was good enough to win (arguably) but his pre judging was off. Ronnie had a lat and tricep issue on his left side as well that he admits now he has been in rehab for. I wouldn't bet against him this year if he's healthy. His best is much better than what Cutler can bring

rdel85 said:
Duno how true this is, but I heard Ronnie deserved to win and looked better the day of the show. However most of the scoring is based on the pre-contest judging, and Ronnie was still holding a good bit of water and Jay wasn't. Ronnie miss timed his prep and was dry the day of the show and not the pre-contest judging....this is just what I heard from a friend who follows it pretty closely

Slyder190 said:
Victor, Dexter, Tony Freeman, these guys have what physiques should look like. Symetry. Neither Ronnie nor Jay have it IMO.
I'd rather have their physiques over Jay and Ronnies any day of the week.

Id rather see someone like dexter win. But then again, bodybuidling has become a battle of the freaks and mass monsters!

Unit 2005 said:
Id rather see someone like dexter win. But then again, bodybuidling has become a battle of the freaks and mass monsters!
It's not about who looks more aesthetically pleasing, it's who looks like they could stop a tractor trailer.

They are changing it but it takes time. Tony Freeman winning 2 pro shows right off the bat and Victor getting 3rd along with the Arnold is a sign of things to come. Not to mention Heath winning big time right out the gate. They want to get rid of the freaks the way they want to get rid of women's bbing. Look at the placing of guys like Gustavo, Branch, Markus and others compared to last year. Then look at guys like Heath, Freeman, Victor, Dexter (even if he did drop, he did to someone who has an even more comic book looking physique than him. Although Vic better slow down or else he will end up in the same boat as a Ronnie or Jay), Darrem and Melvin. Even old as balls Vince Taylor is able to get into the top 10 at a regular pro show. If this was 99-03 that *never* would have happened. He wouldn't have even placed. Basically the freaks are getting fcked no matter how hard they are or how big they show up. The O is basically the last show to award the freakness and I think letting Jay have it was their way of not shocking everyone with the transition. Next it will be Victor. Then comes the true era of the x frame or rather the ecto with extreme mass and the ecto/meso blends.

The freaks are dead and David Pecker couldn't be happier. He is trying to make some money off this sport he bought. He had no idea how unpopular and unmainstream it was until he was knee deep in it. At first I thought he was like the devil to bodybuilding and would kill it but now I see he is the saving grace.

Did Jay deserve to win? No. He was used as nothing more than a transition phase to the new era. Will Ronnie win a 9th? It depends on how bad the judges and David Pecker feel bad for him and if he is willing to play ball one last year and do all the shit Weider used to make you do (btw Weider no longer controls bodybuilding. I don't know why people think that. The man wasn't even allowed to come on stage and hand out Medals and say goodbye at the 05 O (it could have been the 04, not sure. I will look it up). It is David Peckers show now. He wants this sport to be mainstream the way it was in the 80's. He want's payperview money and mainstream contracts/deals. If he keeps going the way he is, it will happen. Fitness is enjoying a return. It's actually 'in' to be fit. People do look up to these guys as role models but not a Ronnie or Branch. The average person would never want to look like that. And maybe they would never want to look like a Dexter either but at least it's a physique they can admire and look up to. Sort of how it was with Arnold, Haney, etc. You may not have wanted to be as big as them but they inspired you to get in the gym and get going.

NickyE3 said:
he looks like an athlete and not just a big ball of muslce mass

Find another sport where the athlete(s) look anything like him....

Admittedly, I can't tell the difference between anyone in the top 10, but I know that when I put on an NFL, NBA, or MBL game, nobody looks like Mr.O. Then again, since they earn about the same in a day as Mr.O earns in a year, I don't think they mind not looking like him.

Top Bottom