Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Detroit officially declares Bankruptcy

I don't mind helping the helpless. But I do mind subsidizing the clueless.

Big difference.
She's both, actually. And if the public school system were in better condition she wouldn't have been basically handed a graduation certificate without skills. Mom and dad aren't entirely blameless but school fucked up hard with this kid by not demanding her parents get better outside testing/therapy. The parents trusted the school's opinion and the result is a 10 year old mind in a 25 y/o body and both of them are clueless and goaless

But we need to keep cutting public school funding because nobody wants to pay higher taxes, right? And a public school education is guaranteed to us but the actual quality of that education, not so much.

On another note ... am I the only person that is willing TO DRIVE OUT OF MY WAY to avoid Detroit thanks to the reality show Hardcore Pawn? Those people scare me.

She's both, actually. And if the public school system were in better condition she wouldn't have been basically handed a graduation certificate without skills. Mom and dad aren't entirely blameless but school fucked up hard with this kid by not demanding her parents get better outside testing/therapy. The parents trusted the school's opinion and the result is a 10 year old mind in a 25 y/o body and both of them are clueless and goaless

But we need to keep cutting public school funding because nobody wants to pay higher taxes, right? And a public school education is guaranteed to us but the actual quality of that education, not so much.

Yeah, let's pump more money into the public school system. And we should buy Zimmerman another gun and Casey Anthony another baby while we're at it.

The first rule for getting out of a hole is to stop digging.

If we're not going to give George his gun back after his acquittal, I think we do need to buy him a new gun. Something better than that shitty keltec too.

Here's what baffles me about schools:

1) citizens get a false sense of security by sending their kid to a government-operated school. The vast majority of Americans put more thought into their holiday meal than they do where to send their kid to school.

2) the government fails the kid and parents. Huge surprise!

3) citizen decides that if the school were just given more money, it would all be better.

Even if you set aside issues around unionized teachers, bloated administration, corrupt inside government deals and hidden agendas, a voucher program would STILL be better, simply because citizens would be forced to shop around for a school. Any level of engagement would be an provent.

Here's what baffles me about schools:

1) citizens get a false sense of security by sending their kid to a government-operated school. The vast majority of Americans put more thought into their holiday meal than they do where to send their kid to school.

2) the government fails the kid and parents. Huge surprise!

3) citizen decides that if the school were just given more money, it would all be better.

Even if you set aside issues around unionized teachers, bloated administration, corrupt inside government deals and hidden agendas, a voucher program would STILL be better, simply because citizens would be forced to shop around for a school. Any level of engagement would be an improvent.

Fixed.

The grammar, not the school problem, which may be unfixable.

Top Bottom