Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BodyFat % #'s

BLIND180

I see everyone posting bodyfat percentages and wonder what your using to measure with?

I have a Tanita Body Fat Scale(upper end of the home models) but the damn thing will read 12% in the morning and 10% in the evening pretty consistently. WTF? Any Idea how accurate these things are?

I was in Vegas about a month ago and at the hotel's gym they had an Infared type device with a pad that went on my bicep that said I was 11.9%. I am sure I have lost a little fat in the past month because the abs are showing better. I want to get the Water Test doen but do not know anyone who has the tank and staff to do it properly.

Those scales are HORRIBLY inaccurate. Caliper's are what most people use. You can buy cheap ones from GNC. If your abs are showing your most likely below 10.

I will get some good calipers and see what the readings are. I am finding it hard to get into the single digits!!

Hey Dial-Tone

Come on, real men do not read the fucking manuals, are you kidding me?

What method do you use if I may ask?

it's probably right on the money.

first you need to be up long enough to get your fluids balanced.
But in the morning you are more dehydrated and therefore weigh a few pounds less than you do in the evening which results in a higher fat %.

Take the numbers you get and convert it to lbs of fat based on the weight displayed. The AM and PM lbs of fat should be very close.

Also, at 10% quit your bitching :)

Before dec. i was 4.2 % body fat our teacher in gym has a bodyfat scale type thing that he made everyone get on if im correct i htink i am probably around 5-6 now because i have picked up some weight from eating more and not killing myself running and working out but all my gains have been muscle ! but u cant see my abs i have tried numerouse things i just cant do it! But when i flex my stomach i have a 12 pack seeping through it just dosent show unless i flex is there anyother way to geit tocome back with out a ckd or tkd?

Those bodyfat scales are NOT meant for athletes. They will never be accurate for most of us.

Calipers are fairly accurate but not perfect. But caliper measurements are a good way of measuring progress.

The most popular method is the 3 site or 7 site Jackson-Pollock method. But you really don't need the forumal... you could find a calculator online somewhere.

Or you could just keep track of your measurements( from your chest, ab and thigh)

Posted by Dial_Tone:I have a circus mirror that makes me look huge with 0% bodyfat.

Awesome
:D

the Tanita scales are meant for athletes. They have two models, one for women and children and non active men, and then one with Athletes. I returned mine for a regular scale, as my bodyfat would fluctuate between 13% and 17.5% daily, when I know for a fact I am 12.5% on the nose, so I found that it was not a good product for me to use.

Top Bottom