Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Blut Wumps Another 25

anotherbutters said:
Well? Is that what you meant by your title? Have you hit the big Five-O?
I got it: 5 multiplied by 5 = 25. So instead of calling it '5x5' he's calling it '25'.

Clever bastard :)

Week 1 Day 2

I'm definitely enjoying the extra work of the DF; it leads to a more satisfying workout. Gotta love endorphins.

I subbed the light squats out for front squats for a little variety. It might be a mistake since my fronts aren't really that far behind my normal squats. Ho hum.

I started to get an ache in my lower back during the front-squats which got progressively worse through the deads. I did some twist-stretching which helped a little but not a lot.

The deads were harder than I expected but it was all lower back fatigue. When I finished the deads, my lower back was very tight and uncomfortable so I tried to massage it out. As I got the knuckle deep in the muscle I could tell that things weren't right and a little pressure supplied a satisfying pop. It looks like I did the squats and deads with my spine slightly out.

With my aching back recovering, the MP got easier as they went on. I was thinking that next week I might swap around the pulldowns and MP to give my back some extra recovery time. Has anyone ever tried this on the program: doing Pulldown/Pullup then OHP?

The workout took around an hour.

Weights in Kilos
ATF Squat
20x10, 30x10
Front Squat
30x6, 60x5, 80x4, 100x5x5
Deadlift
60x10, 100x5, 120x3, 140x5x5
Military Press
20x10, 40x6, 60x5x5
Supinated Close-Grip Pulldown
10x8, 15x5x5 - in Plates of unknown weight :(

BW, that will work fine. Whenever I do pullups, I do them first thing because I absolutely hate doing them and if I wait until the end when I am tired, I would have too much of an urge to do lat pulldowns, so when I train my pullups/chins, I do them 1st and it works out good.

That's a great idea: do them very first thing. That way I might even do them as chins rather than using the lat pulley machine. Thanks.

BW - you had mentioned some reservations about orals b/c of back pumps and whatnot. Well, get ready for some pretty nasty pumps when the gear hits. I didn't really comment much on 'em in my journal, but there were times when it was literally hard to walk after performing Pendlay rows, and really there's nothing you can do about it but grin and blut it :). Just a forewarning.

Top Bottom