Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AAS and HH (Hereditary hemochromatosis)

Cocoon91

Hi! So I’m a female aged 31, I’ve been using AAS for around 3/4 years.

Admittedly I’ve been stupid with doses in the past and have definitely calmed down with my use
I’ve blasted trendione multiple times which I’m 90% is to blame as I was fine before I took pro hormones , I’ve also took ridiculously high amounts of test and primo.

I’ve recently been diagnosed with Hereditary hemochromatosis (iron overload) my saturates when last checked were 500+ I’m on the “urgent” waiting list to begin phlebotomies but I’m realistically looking into late next year when I get seen (NHS for you). The doctor didn’t seem concerned and said I’ll be fine once I’m treated.
I’m also not ovulating due to my AAS use so I haven’t had a period in 3 years and my testosterone was 10.8 when last checked which is very high I know.

My question is has anyone got HH and continued taking AAS?
I’m currently taking 10mg test E weekly to keep my moods level and try to maintain my current muscle (I’ve been on test for 3 years this is the lowest dose I’ve taken)

But I feel SH** I feel skinny fat, low confidence, no sex drive, low mood the heap I can’t get any answers from my GP they have basically said me completely stopping TRT at this stage probably won’t have many positives

I’ve got half a vial of primo sat here from my last cycle before diagnosis and I’m wondering if I could run it…

I know that AAS increase RBC and Hematocrit so I know there is SOME degree of risk but I feel like I’m losing everything I’ve worked so hard for.

So long story short NOT seeking medical advice but would like advice of those who have maybe continued using AAS through their diagnosis.

I’m sorry it’s so long, thank you in advance

Can I also add aside from increased iron my bloods are completely normal! BP perfect everything checked out fine except the iron and hormone profile

steroid abuse will expose existing health problems whether genetic or not

example bostin lloyd died and people immediatlely pointed to a genetic issue he had. well i would argue he would not have died so young had he not abused his body even with that issue. hope that makes sense

this is what happened with you

as far as what you should do now. i would work with a doctor to get you on proper TRT and keep the dose at the bare minimum IF YOU really need it.

Hi! So I’m a female aged 31, I’ve been using AAS for around 3/4 years.

Admittedly I’ve been stupid with doses in the past and have definitely calmed down with my use
I’ve blasted trendione multiple times which I’m 90% is to blame as I was fine before I took pro hormones , I’ve also took ridiculously high amounts of test and primo.

I’ve recently been diagnosed with Hereditary hemochromatosis (iron overload) my saturates when last checked were 500+ I’m on the “urgent” waiting list to begin phlebotomies but I’m realistically looking into late next year when I get seen (NHS for you). The doctor didn’t seem concerned and said I’ll be fine once I’m treated.
I’m also not ovulating due to my AAS use so I haven’t had a period in 3 years and my testosterone was 10.8 when last checked which is very high I know.

My question is has anyone got HH and continued taking AAS?
I’m currently taking 10mg test E weekly to keep my moods level and try to maintain my current muscle (I’ve been on test for 3 years this is the lowest dose I’ve taken)

But I feel SH** I feel skinny fat, low confidence, no sex drive, low mood the heap I can’t get any answers from my GP they have basically said me completely stopping TRT at this stage probably won’t have many positives

I’ve got half a vial of primo sat here from my last cycle before diagnosis and I’m wondering if I could run it…

I know that AAS increase RBC and Hematocrit so I know there is SOME degree of risk but I feel like I’m losing everything I’ve worked so hard for.

So long story short NOT seeking medical advice but would like advice of those who have maybe continued using AAS through their diagnosis.

I’m sorry it’s so long, thank you in advance
Can I also add aside from increased iron my bloods are completely normal! BP perfect everything checked out fine except the iron and hormone profile
@Cocoon91 welcome to the EliteFitness.com family! we are all happy to see a strong female here.

Just an fyi we actually have a sister bodybuilding forum called ironoverload.io, while not about iron overloading (it's more of loading iron plates for weights related) but something interesting for you: https://ironoverload.io

First on the steroid use. While it's a personal choice, I do see you're saying you feel terrible and have low mood. that's a real issue, way beyond the blood situation, so we need to come back to this.

I've heard of HH risk with women on steroids and I've worked with a few girls who had the issue. Much of it was diet related and of course training was a big thing. So to start off, can you please share your LOG journal diary with the community so we can properly guide you.

To really guide you we need more info, we need you to share your diet, training, cardio, sleep, supplements etc log with us, full log journal so our guidance is based on facts you provide.

If you want us to really guide you, and we have 100s of years of experience between us, you need to post a LOG Journal with your stats (weight,height,age, years training, cycle history) diet, training, cardio, supplement, sleep details. If you don't log what you eat or train now, open NOTES on phone and start recording it there and paste here. Very easy.

Please post a Log Journal asap for us

Please click the anabolic forum
top RIGHT, you see: +POST THREAD
click that

in Title: write your cycle name, like> My _____ Cycle Log
___ = the name of your log
example: Female TRT Diet Training Log
in body: write your planned cycle or cycle you doing now, your diet, training and we will help you along on your cycle

here are examples of LOG Journals

P.S. are you listening to our podcast? if not, you should:

i've had female clients with hormonal and organ issues. its common. get a log going and we can best help you along

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.
Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

Top Bottom