Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sets & Reps for Shrugs?

vtec96

What would a good range be for getting stronger from shrugs?
I used to do like 5 sets of 5 holding at the top for 1-2 sec's ea rep.
Im currently doing to 4 sets of 8. Any advise?

Also try doing some dumbell cleans and bent over laterals for your shoulders and rotators. I dont recall powerlifters doing much direct trap work, but I guess it could help a bit if someone has weak traps. Make sure that you keep your knees bent doing this, I remember frying out my lower back after doing standing shrugs with 315 for many reps and sets, so do them safely.

I'll work on my traps but I do powercleans so I'll do 3 sets of 10 5 reps will be fast and 5 reps will be with a 2 second pause. I'll go 225,275,315.

Cytomel exactly how do you do seated cleans. I've wanted to try these and I know on elitefts they have a pic and explanation but i'm not sure if you stay seated at all times without moving your whole body or just shoulders

Cubanito17 said:
I'll work on my traps but I do powercleans so I'll do 3 sets of 10 5 reps will be fast and 5 reps will be with a 2 second pause. I'll go 225,275,315.

Cytomel exactly how do you do seated cleans. I've wanted to try these and I know on elitefts they have a pic and explanation but i'm not sure if you stay seated at all times without moving your whole body or just shoulders

Seated cleans...I saw these in the old Westside vidoes when GHeorge Halbert was doing them...Sit with light dumbells hanging down at the sides and the front knuckiles facing forward. Then pull your shoulders back and chest out like while doing lat work and clean the dumbells up so basicly you arte doing a bodybuilder double biceps pose but your palms will be facing forward. It is a little hard to describe but its pretty simjple to figure out after seeing the older westside bench tapes.

Try tucking your chin into your chest when doing barbell shrugs............. the result is PAIN,and big traps!!

Top Bottom