my nal of tri exercises...

Posted: 28-Mar-2002 12:43 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about my nal of tri exercises... within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: ok. give me some input on this. i have dropped barbell extensions and paul s presses for now. just makes my elbows a bit too tender, even with good form. for some reason i dont really feel the elbows out extensions. felt awkward and like my tris could have gotten more work from a different lift. i have the WSB bench secrets vid coming, ...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 28-Mar-2002, 12:43 AM   #1
cal

ok.
give me some input on this.

i have dropped barbell extensions and paul s presses for now. just makes my elbows a bit too tender, even with good form.

for some reason i dont really feel the elbows out extensions. felt awkward and like my tris could have gotten more work from a different lift.

i have the WSB bench secrets vid coming, so hopefully this form will be cleared up.

heres the list:

close grips, reverse grip bench (i know most dont seem to like, but i like it), lying db extensions (usually flat), lying db extension on floor, pushdowns, JM press, and sometimes dips (though rarely). any other lifts or variations i could use?

im trying to really rotate them around when i feel stale.

CAL
Gallery of cal  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 28-Mar-2002, 12:19 PM   #2

If you droped the barbell extentions becaause they hurt to much then watch out for db , they are what shot my tendons and now i can't even do them anymore.
Gallery of GRIMMER  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 28-Mar-2002, 12:24 PM   #3

Don't forget Tate presses. Done on a flat bench starting at a position of dumbbell press. Keep the elbows out to the side and bring the dumbbell to your chest. Just an extension with the elbows out to the side.
Gallery of jimmydean  

Old 28-Mar-2002, 12:59 PM   #4
cal

grimmer i get no pain whatsoever from db extensions actually
Gallery of cal  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 28-Mar-2002, 06:03 PM   #5

Overthehead tri extensions either seated or standing, try and stay away from pushdowns I believe THE MANN can vouch for this one that after a period of time doing them they seem to decrease your bench and when I stopped doing them my bench went up and I believe THE MANN's did too, skull crushers with a bar or DB, cali presses are good but around every week 7&8 not to be done too often.
Gallery of Cubanito17  

Old 29-Mar-2002, 05:11 PM   #6
Cyprus
Don't forget partial pin presses, dbell extensions behind the neck with a dbell or barbell, board presses, anything close grip....etc...

B True
Gallery of b fold the truth  

Old 30-Mar-2002, 03:15 AM   #7
United States
you can add mini bands to all your triceps exercises. these will take them to a new dimension. dont use the mini bands every time.

i disagree about saying:

xxx gives elbows pains... do yyy instead

everyone has an exercise or two which may aggravate an injury. that does not mean someone else wont get benefit from it. if you start getting elbow pains you could lighten the load, practice better form, etc.... in this sport, some pain just comes and goes.

/irish
Gallery of IrishPower