Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELLO?! your on STEROIDS REMEMBER?

i totally agree bro...

that once a week per muscle philosophy is crap and totally worthless..
seriously i dont know where/how it came about!

I can tell you why... I overtrained on my last cycle thinking "screw it, I'm on... I need to go balls out". Here's what happens:

1) You swell... you accumulate fluid in your tissues faster than your body can eliminate them. Your hands catch the drainage from your arms/elbows, and it looks like you have a catcher's mitt in each hand.

2) Connective tissue starts to go... You begin getting tendonitis in your knees, forearms and elbows badly

3) Your ability to concentrate and focus begins to fade. You start forgetting things.

4) And to cap it off... you become so sore and uncomfortable that it starts eating into your sleep. Those luxurious 8 hour nights become fits and starts with 30-45 minutes of sleep at a time.

I learned my lesson :) I'm going to hit it hard, but when I see the fluid coming, I'm avoiding that area for a bit.

Tux said:
Bro not everyone can do it that way. Believe me I train hard, but I try to train smart too. I do a good 16-20 sets for most bodyparts, upwards of 25 sets for back and legs. You try doing that more than once a week and see if you don't overtrain, even on a gram of test. I do my cardio too, but not much when bulking or i'll never gain weight. If my muscles get sore, they tend to stay sore a good 4-5 days, and i'm not working them while they're still sore. Even on heavy gear, my recovery just isn't that good I guess. I make good gains, and it works for me. I agree though, if you CAN train 2x a week per bodypart and recover, then why not?

honestly i dont think you could of said it better! i do about that many sets also. and if you are sore for 4-5 days you just rest for 3 and hit it hard again. but like my arms their sore for a day or two, so ill train them twice a week.

To each his own .....guy's i couldnt agree more with you. I used to train legs for a few years with MINIMAL RESULTS. Nice strenght but no size at all....i had a budy of mine push me real hard ( he is my mentor Shrededmass something is his handle here) long story short i gave up on the 10-20 set aproach for legs. Now i train quads and hams seperately doing NO MORE THAN 8 sets per Quads and Hams. Legs are growing very nicely. I do have to tell you guys that the 6-8 sets i do i literaly cry on them.

Reactions: Tux
I think it is just like every other subject dealing with AAS and training. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, and they react differently to certain stimuli. For example, I train everything but my legs twice per week. It does not matter on the sets and rep amount nor the weight, my upper body recovers twice as fast as my legs. I work Back and bi's on Mon and Thurs then Chest and Tri's on Tues and Fri. Legs on Saturday...then I feel like a cripple until the following Thursday. It does not matter whether I am "ON" or not...my legs will not recover in less than 5 days!

not sure how many guys here are married.....
or have jobs....

fuck, i would love to spend 40 hours a week at the gym and cardio at a boxing club. problem is i'd lose my job....which pays for the juice. then i'd lose my wife.....who so generously lets me take all that extra test out on her each night.

although you do make me think....
maybe start doing lunch breaks at gym, then a 2nd gym session after work.
hmmmm.....

well if your sore dont work out period!!!. I personally like the once a week aproach and I grow just fine!, being doing it for years, I work out and stay sore for couple to even 3 days and I wont even bother working out the same muscle group each week. I mean if lets say you work out your chest twice a week you also use your shoulders while doing chest and you work out your shoulders in the same week that means your working out your shoulders 3 times a week pretty much overtraining. Just my .02 cents

PolfaJelfa said:
To each his own .....guy's i couldnt agree more with you. I used to train legs for a few years with MINIMAL RESULTS. Nice strenght but no size at all....i had a budy of mine push me real hard ( he is my mentor Shrededmass something is his handle here) long story short i gave up on the 10-20 set aproach for legs. Now i train quads and hams seperately doing NO MORE THAN 8 sets per Quads and Hams. Legs are growing very nicely. I do have to tell you guys that the 6-8 sets i do i literaly cry on them.

EXACTLY!!

Training each bodypart once per week works for me great. After hitting a bodypart at max intensity it is sore for days on end. Yeah, each bodypart recovers at a different rate but if you plan how you sequence your workouts you wont need to train even arms more than once per week. If you train chest and then do tris 3 days later your tris are getting two days per week really. Must not forget how muslces assist in different movements. Train back and then do bis a couple of days later and your bis get 2x per week etc etc. I do no more than 9 sets for my quads and they hurt for 5 or 6 days, and so I barely recover to where I can train the following week. I have trained legs hard enough this way that they were still sore a week later on leg day- oops overtrained. There have been weeks where I can do no more than 5 sets of heavy squats and I am done with quads, and I am still sore for 6 days.

Top Bottom