Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your 5 Greatest BB'ers of all time and why.

gautho

Elite Mentor
Platinum
In no order here:
- Arnold Swarzenneger- Because he was a pioneer who paved the way for this sport. Also, realize what he accomplished without the technology, pharmaceuticals that are such a huge part of BB'ing today.

- Flex Wheeler- even without a Sandow, inarguably one of the most eye pleasing physiques of all time. Maybe even argue the point of having been blessed with some of the best genetics, and despite never winning the Mr O., perhaps one of the most financially successful BB'ers that prolly brought in more cash by winning everything else except the O. And of course i could go on and on about flex. No need to right?

- Shawn Ray- well, his resume speaks for itself! A 210-215lb BB'er slaying all those mass monsters for so many years! Truely David vs Goliath here. Prolly more top 5-10 finishes on the Mr O stage than anyone else. Posing....unmatched. He made BB'ing art with his conditioning, approach, and again posing in an artistic manner instead of all this dancing shit i see onstage nowadays. This is IFBB pro BB'ing, not "So you think you can dance". Yes he ran his mouth.....but he backed it up!

- Dorian Yates- even though i'm not a fan of his physique, i do indeed respect his accomplishments. He was the 1st to bring that type of freaky size with granite conditioning to the sport. Many may argue not deserving, but he did bring home many Sandows while competing in an era with Flex,Shawn,Kevin Levrone. Work ethic unparalled. Love him or hate hime....he dominated the 90's doing it his way....heavy/duty Mentzer style.

- Ronnie Coleman- again, not a fan of the freaky size and mass of Ronnie, but if success in any sport is measured in Championships....he has a hell of a lot of Sandows! So that solidifies his spot on this list! Also, if you compare bodyparts of Ronnie to any other BB'ers of all time, Ronnie has/had them beat with any bodypart and any pose....mandatory or elective.

-thats my top 5 list, others that were close but didn't quite make it were:
1. Lee Haney
2. Kevin Levrone
3. Lee Labrada
4. Dexter Jackson
5. Jay Cutler

not all of Ronnie's bodyparts are better than everyone else..
Markus Ruhl's biceps kill Ronnies.
Jay Cutlers abdominal and thigh pose smashes Ronnie's..

Johnnie Jackson can deadlift more than Ronnie.

Sure when it comes to overall size Ronnie wins... but not all of his bodyparts are the best... he is also black (sorry had to point that out) and the
darker the skin you have on stage then naturally judges will favor you.

Now I show how old I am.
(1) Steve Reeves
(2) Larry Scott
(2) Arnold
(3) Yates
(4) Coleman

Of all time? You have to go way back if you want to include so few.

Chronological order

1)Eugene Sandow - inspired countless bb'ers either directly or indirectly. You have to include him. Maybe he didn't inspire you, but somewhere back there he was responsible for turning someone on to lifting that eventually stoked your direct inspiration to lift.

2)John Grimek- check out his pics. Huge, natty guy for the 1940's. Incredible physique and incredible athelete. Did a lot to legitimize bb in the eyes of the public of the eye, and he was tremendously competitive into his 40's.

3)Steve Reeves-gorgeous body and deceptively big. His size was so well carried few people looking back at his pics can appreciate how beefy he was. Directly inspired untold amounts of guys to lift.

4)Arnold-nuff said

5)Lee Haney-birth of the contemporary bb body. In the 80's he was the first (and pretty much only) bb'er to ever have TV shows and commericals. Popularized bb tremendously.

Honorable mentions just missing my cutoff: Bill Pearl, Sergio Oliva.

1.) Steve Reeves - a classic physique
2.) Larry Scott - a charter "member"
3.) Chuck Sipes - ahead of his time.
4.) Bob Paris - as close as one can get to perfection.
5.) Matt Mendenhall - WOW.

Johnnie Jackson can deadlift more than Ronnie.

iv yet to see johnnie pull 800x2 a few weeks pre contest, and colemean barely used any quad it was like a RDL besides ronnie used only a belt (i think) where as johnnie competes equipped...

Arnold
Coleman
Dorian
Levrone
Cutler

Arnold, Levrone and Cutler are my 3 all-time favorites.

not the greatest but my favourites are and have been for a while
branch warren
trey brewer (best amateur IMO)
dorian yates
johhnie jackson

just because the way they train i enjoy watchin and they all seemed like cool guys when theres interviews on them and shit...

Top Bottom