How bad are condiments for you?

Posted: 22-Apr-2005 07:05 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about How bad are condiments for you? within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: Sometimes with my chicken I'll have a little mustard on top or ketchup. With my tuna I sometimes use a little sweet relish. Otherwise, I go on water, fruits, veggies, lotsa almonds, shakes, lean meats....

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 22-Apr-2005, 07:05 PM   #1

Sometimes with my chicken I'll have a little mustard on top or ketchup. With my tuna I sometimes use a little sweet relish. Otherwise, I go on water, fruits, veggies, lotsa almonds, shakes, lean meats.
Gallery of PatBateman3  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: How bad are condiments for you?

Old 22-Apr-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
United States
put down the mayonnaise and step away
Gallery of needtogetaas  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 22-Apr-2005, 08:20 PM   #3

Quote posted by needtogetas
put down the mayonnaise and step away

hahahha, who the hell said anything about Mayo!! That e is the plague!
Gallery of PatBateman3  

Old 23-Apr-2005, 01:42 AM   #4
United States
How bad a condiment is for your diet, like any other food, depends on its nutritional content. Ketchup has simple sugars in it that can add up, especially since most people do not put a single serving on their food. Mustard is fine, also try hot sauce.
Gallery of BlondBomber  

Old 23-Apr-2005, 10:18 AM   #5

Condiments are great!! Depending on what they are.....

There are ALL kinds of flavored mustard out there: Jalapeno, Yellow, y Brown, etc -- check labels & you can see if they have any cals, etc.... Apple Cider Vinegar is tasty also.

Some pickles (while high in sodium) also can show 0 cals on their labels.....

Otherwise, with ketchup/relish/FF mayo -- measure them & use in moderation.... I doubt that 1 tblsp of ketchup will really harm you.

Tip: With condiments like BBQ sauce, ranch or blue cheese dressings -- Mix in a little water or veggie broth in the bottle to thin it out some. You'll still have the flavor, but won't take as much of a hit with the cals.
Gallery of jenscats5  

Old 23-Apr-2005, 10:41 AM   #6

Quote posted by StellarTiggy
I Jenny. Of course she'll probably choke me for calling her Jenny...lol
Awwwwwwwwwww

Nope, Jenny is fine....I could think of worse things...
Gallery of jenscats5