Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulking diet

flex123

hey fellas,

I haven't lifted in almost 3 months now, and have not been following any diet at all. Well I'm going to get back into a routine on monday. I'm not sure on the routine I'm going to start but my old routine was:
mon-chest tues-shoulders/abs weds-legs thurs-bi's/tri's fri-back

I'm only 5'6 160lbs and want to try to follow a planned diet. Everyone always tells me to just eat fast food like crazy and stuff like that but I really don't think fast food and chocolate cake is a good diet.

If anyone feels like helping me on planning out a decent diet and give some advice on a bulking lifting routine please do. I'm in college and its hard to get alot of meals in on a day.

flex123 said:
hey fellas,

I haven't lifted in almost 3 months now, and have not been following any diet at all. Well I'm going to get back into a routine on monday. I'm not sure on the routine I'm going to start but my old routine was:
mon-chest tues-shoulders/abs weds-legs thurs-bi's/tri's fri-back

I'm only 5'6 160lbs and want to try to follow a planned diet. Everyone always tells me to just eat fast food like crazy and stuff like that but I really don't think fast food and chocolate cake is a good diet.

If anyone feels like helping me on planning out a decent diet and give some advice on a bulking lifting routine please do. I'm in college and its hard to get alot of meals in on a day.

I can help you of course, I have all the ratios set up. visit me at: www.mesomorph.net ...for the rest of the article

_________
Mr.X Bulking-Up Basics Part: 1

By: Mr.X

Well, I have not written any new information in a while, so I figured I’d take the time to write up this new bulking-up article (more parts to come soon), for all I’ve been reading lately is: I WANT TO GET BIG!FAST! …Amazingly, we can do pretty much the same type of diet when it comes down to looking at putting on mass and size, as we would to cut-up. For now, I will concentrate on two parts of Bulking-Up: 1) Calorie Intake 2)Protein/Carb/Fat Breakdown

I would definitely say that Calorie intake is the one big factor that differentiates the 140lbs person from the 240lbs person, how much calories is taken in daily will effect your results…you are not only what you eat…you are how much you eat…quantity and quality are the two important points of food. I’ll go into quality later, but for now let’s stick to the basics of quantity (how much food you need to chow down on). I do want to add something before I go on, because I feel that it’s necessary for bodybuilders out there to know that if you are beyond 12-14% bodyfat, I would NOT recommend you look to put on mass, but rather lean out a little first. You will experience much better gains if you are leaner and, hey, you wont get the pills-berry-dough-boy look, which a lot of the pro-bodybuilders are famous for. I surely think that having a 52inch waist at 5’11 is very unhealthy and should be avoided by all means possible.

Rules for High-Calorie Intake:

1)Set calories at 20cal/lb

2)Set protein intake at 2g/lb

-Protein has 4cal/g

3)Set Carb. Intake at 1.5g/lb

-Carbs have 4cal/g

4)Set Fat intake at 0.65g/lb

-Fat has 9cal/g

Ratios (% calorie from total) : 40% protein/ 30% carbs/ 30% fat

Let me give you an example for a 200lbs person:

-daily ratios

1)200lbs x 20cal = 4000cal.

2)200lbs x 2g= 400g protein

---400g x 4cal/g=1600cal from protein

3)200lbs x 1.5g= 300g carbs.

---300g x 4cal/g= 1200cal from carbs

4)200lbs x 0.65g= 130g fat

---130g x 9cal/g= 1170 cal from fat

Totals: for ~4000cal…400g protein/300g carbs/130g fat

I think, by all means, we need to keep track of our weight vs. bf% during the whole duration of the bulking cycle. For, simply taking up the idea of see-food-diet (meaning eating everything that’s not nailed down) to put on mass is not feasible nor is it practical for two reasons: 1)you will not have optimal gains..2)you WILL have a hard time losing the fat gained while on the see-food-diet because of the amount of fat will be extremely high, usually people get well beyond the 25% mark, plus your eating habit will oppose the dieting concept …This is why I recommend you not only keep track in the mirror of your external looks, but also keep track of measurements/weight/bodyfat % by using the same method, i.e, if you use cheap $20 plastic calipers to measure your body-fat on week-1 then you need to do exactly the same thing on week2,3,4 etc. in order to have a stable set of data.

Every way you look at it, there is the optimal way to bulk-up and the inferior way to bulk-up. My advice is you take the smart road and “clean” bulk with the ratios I’ve shown beforehand. It’s pretty simple to follow and has all the basics laid out for you. We do need to look at another factor of bulking, which is meal frequency…I find that the median amount of meals people tend to have is six, so I will show you how to use this six-meal-theory and apply it to your optimal bulking program.

Meal Frequency: 6 Meals

(200lbs. Person example)

First, let’s take the daily amount of calories and divided them by 6 = amount of calories per ....................................................................

_____________________>>ending at www.mesomorph.net
Diet Plans
ALSO bulking up basics part 2 available

Mr.X

Mr. X.... where should one start out at if beginning. People say start gradually. Should i Start out at perhaps 17X and move up. Add 100 cals a week, 200, 300,???. 170lbs right now.

Top Bottom