Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with diet.

bigM

I am new to dieting, I would appreciate any suggestions to help with my weight loss.
I am 6'2 314lbs my goal is around 240lbs.

I work midnight to 8am so its kinda strange for me to do this...

first I have completely cut out soda... I drink only water. Is that good for you? I read somewhere if you drink to much your body may start to retain it. Instead drink so much water and then so much of some other drink. Also I have been reading up on this green tea. Has anyone tried this before? Good results? let me know...

Here is my daily rutine.

breakfast- bran flakes w/ skim milk
lunch- turkeybreast sub with lite mayo no cheese and loads of veggies
dinner- plain skinless chicken breast w/ a baked potato and salad

then Ill go workout in the evenings and eat some fruits and veggies for snack before work... at work I usually take a banana or orange with water...

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions..

Thanks

michael

Originally posted by bigM:
I am new to dieting, I would appreciate any suggestions to help with my weight loss.
I am 6'2 314lbs my goal is around 240lbs.

I work midnight to 8am so its kinda strange for me to do this...

first I have completely cut out soda... I drink only water. Is that good for you? I read somewhere if you drink to much your body may start to retain it. Instead drink so much water and then so much of some other drink. Also I have been reading up on this green tea. Has anyone tried this before? Good results? let me know...

Here is my daily rutine.

breakfast- bran flakes w/ skim milk
lunch- turkeybreast sub with lite mayo no cheese and loads of veggies
dinner- plain skinless chicken breast w/ a baked potato and salad

then Ill go workout in the evenings and eat some fruits and veggies for snack before work... at work I usually take a banana or orange with water...

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions..

Thanks

michael

First of all cutting out soda is great and also cut out all those sugars like candy, junkfood etc.. you should drink at least 1 to 1.5 gallons of water a day and more if you train with weights and / or cardio, some form of excerise is a must if you want to properly loose the weight. As for drinking too much water it will actually have the opposite effect and help to flush your system out, if you don't get enough water you will most certainly retain it when you do drink it. As for green tea I'm not sure? As for your diet the best results are to do cardio after you wake up on an empty stomach, then try to get most of your carbs early on in your scheduled day things like oat meal, brown rice, etc.. the majority of you diet should be proteins like egg whites (preferably early on in your day), tuna fish is a good source,skinless chicken, etc.. You should try to avoid heavy carbs before cardio workout and before bed time, after a work out (30 to 60 minutes after) simple carbs are good. You should try to eat 4 to 5 smaller meals a day preferably every two hours to keep your metabolism up and burning efficient. Meal replacements (MRP)s' are good for in between meals (protein bars or shakes or mrp packs) when you don't have a lot of time to eat for example your second and fourth meal and so on. Try to eliminate things like the lite mayo and cheese if you can and foods that say reduce fat or fat free can be a croc and are not always what they say they are. Finnally research! Stay on this board and learn! There's a lot of good advice and a lot to learn off of this board, there are people on this board who can explain it a lot more in depth than I can. but also read other sites related to your situation, articles, etc... don't be afraid to ask, wew! Hope this helps!

Kryp2o

[This message has been edited by Kryp2o (edited April 18, 2001).]

You might do a search here on diets.
Having said that, here's a very rough rule of thumb:

Eat 5-6 meals a day or every 2-3 hours. No, you don't have sit down at a table.

Eat 1 to 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of bodyweight. Lean beef, egg whites, turkey, chicken, (skinless)

You want to lose weight--eat about 500 cals below maintainence or about 10-12 cals per pound.

Lift weight 3-4 times a week, as heavy as you can. (Search for good routines.) SOme cardio, too.
Drink lots of water.

Ok here is my diet plan I have come up with.

Now I work midnight to 8am so this may be a little strange...

2pm-4pm Whole wheat Cereal with skim milk - Maybe some oatmeal.. can someone give me advice on type of oatmeal to eat?

4:30-5:30 Rice Cake or Tuna Fish, I would like maybe to drink a protein shake during this time. Good or bad idea?

6:30-7:30 Turkey Breast Sandwhich or Sub on wheat bread

8:00-9:00 Skinless chicken breast. (ok here I need a lil help... I have been adding lemon pepper seasoning is that good?) Just that or with a baked potato with salad and ranch dressing made with skim milk.

at WORK 12am-8am Snack.. either fruit like banana or Orange or a Veggie... was thinking about grapefruit I heard it burnt fat is this true?

Ok, for my workout Im really not lifting on a steady rate right now... Was wanting to lose a lil fat before getting into the gym.. I do play 11/2 to 2hours of basketball every day during the evening... which meal would it be best to do this between... and should i do something like walking a few miles before work?

sorry for all the questions.. I just dont want my hard work to go to waste. I will continue to check the board and try to learn as much as possible..

thanks again

michael

Real oatmeal, not the instant packets, is the best.

Bag the rice cake, have the tuna, and a protein shake is fine.

A sweet potato is lower on the GI index (meaning the sugar hits your system more slowly) but the regular spud won't kill you.

Nothing magical about grapefuit. Bananas have lots of potassium.

Basketball's good. Have some complex carbs about 1 hour before and walking would be excellent. Walking is actually a great fat burner and conditioning exercise.

Good luck!

I'm the biggest newbie there is, but I think I can answer the question about complex carbs.
Carbohydrates are basically chains of atoms bonded together. The simple carbs have small chains, like sugar and glucose while the complex ones have long chains, like starch.
Simple carbs are absorbed immediately by the body and all the energy contained in them does not usually need to be used. They get stored by the body as glycogen and are likely to be turned into fat.
The complex carbs take time to be broken down, so their energy is released slowly by the body. This reduces the chance of the carbs being stored as fat.
Good sources of the complex carbs are potato, brown rice and wholemeal bread.

Latr, Luke.

Top Bottom