Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

egg whites

soda911

Can anyone tell me how much protein does 1 egg white have and am i eating enough protein everyday,I work out 5 times a week.
Every day i have 2 cans tuna, milkshake with 2 egg whites and a protein/creatine mix. I put about 20 grams of protein into the milkshake.

Thanks.....

1 egg white has app. 1.82 grams of protein. Depending on your weight and if your bulking you should be eating 1-1.75 grams of protein for every pound of bodyweight.

last time I checked an egg white has 3.5 grams of protein. That's for a large egg white. The amount would vary in the different sizes of eggs. And, if I were you, I would up my protein by a ton.

1 large egg contains 4 grams of protein ... 16 cal per egg
if you are cutting up you need: 1.5-2.5 g protein per lean lb of body weight
when bulking you can have 1.0-2.0 g protein per lean lb of body weight
My 2cents
Mr.X

unless u are cutting or on steroids, u dont need more than 1 gram per pound of protein?

What sources do u have to corroborate this?

Hey bro here's the real figures.
1 Large Egg Whole Raw 50grams

Nutri Food 1
-----------+--------
Calories 74.5
Pro (g) 6.25
Fat (g) 5
Carb (g) 0.6
Fiber (g) 0
Cal (mg) 24.5
Iron (mg) 0.7
Na (mg) 63
Pot (mg) 60.5
Phos (mg) 89
Ash (g) 0.45
vitA (IU) 317.5
vitC (mg) 0
Thia (mg) 0.03
Ribo (mg) 0.25
Nia (mg) 0.04
H2O % 75.3
satF (g) 1.55
monoF (g) 1.91
polyF (g) 0.68
Chol (mg) 212.5

Remember this also, that gram for gram the EGG YOLK has more protein that the WHITE.
Of the figures above 3.51g protein are in the white and 2.79g are in the yolk, but remember that the white makes up 33.4g of the total 50g Egg so the yolk makes up 16.6g and if you were to double that you would get 33.2g of yolk which would give you 5.58g of protein.
33.4g of White / 33.2g of Yolk
3.51g protein / 5.58g protein

But of course the yolk is where all the fat and cholesterol is too!

TBM

[This message has been edited by TheBoogieMan (edited April 18, 2001).]

thanks guys
iam 185 and just started a natural cutting cycle. I guess i have to up protein alot, there goes another 40 $ a week.

Top Bottom