Sterile abscess in my shoulder??

Posted: 14-Jul-2011 12:55 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Sterile abscess in my shoulder?? within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: I shot my usual 1ml of sust into my right delt about 7 days ago and it is still very swollen, painful and hard to the touch (but not hot and red anymore). I am assuming this is what would be called a "sterile abscess"? Usually I get this feeling with anything containing prop, but only for a day or two; not a whole week. It got so bad that I was ou...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 14-Jul-2011, 12:55 AM   #1

I shot my usual 1ml of Sustanon into my right delt about 7 days ago and it is still very swollen, painful and hard to the touch (but not hot and red anymore). I am assuming this is what would be called a "sterile abscess"? Usually I get this feeling with anything containing testosterone propionate, but only for a day or two; not a whole week. It got so bad that I was out of the gym for 4 days and would also wake up in pain occasionally because I couldn't sleep on my right side. Will this go away in time or can it get worse? I've been trying to massage it and use the muscle lightly and it has gotten slightly better, but it is still very tender and hard. If anybody knows how to treat this, or has had experience with it, please let me know how to get rid of it- thanks
Gallery of Nighthawkk  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: Sterile abscess in my shoulder??

Old 14-Jul-2011, 12:58 AM   #2

Give it another week. If it worsens or does not get better, see a doc. It is most likely nothing major in my opinion.
Gallery of Gamer2Be08  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 15-Jul-2011, 12:14 PM   #3

most likely causes could be: 1. u have shot too frequently in the same spot. scar tissue has developed. do not shoot in right delt for a fortnight. 2. u may have not shot deep enough. always remember that in muscle if you do not penetrate deep into fibre, a shallow oil abcess develops, between the muscle and the fascia covering it. this can lead to a hard bump being felt under the skin, that is painful to the touch for about a week after the injection.

just dont shoot frequently in one site. rotate sites. wipe area with alcohol before and after shooting. massage the area after injection to increase absorption into muscle. and lastly shoot slowly, do not overload that muscles capacity to absorb by shooting lets say 3ml in 10 secs. all of these will lead to scar tissue formation, necrosis and maybe even an ulcer that will require minor surgery to treat.

just completed internal medicine module at med skwl, so its fresh in my mind...glad i could help.
Gallery of ali316  

Old 15-Jul-2011, 12:31 PM   #4

not a sterile abscess.

my money is that is an infection
Gallery of stevesmi  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 15-Jul-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Ireland
Leave it for a week, if it doesnt clear up then a doc can drain the abcess or treat the infection what ever the case may be.
Dont keep rubbing it either or putting any topicals on it.
Gallery of C0LUMB0  

Old 15-Jul-2011, 11:29 PM   #6

Quote posted by ali316 View Post
most likely causes could be: 1. u have shot too frequently in the same spot. scar tissue has developed. do not shoot in right delt for a fortnight. 2. u may have not shot deep enough. always remember that in muscle if you do not penetrate deep into fibre, a shallow oil abcess develops, between the muscle and the fascia covering it. this can lead to a hard bump being felt under the skin, that is painful to the touch for about a week after the injection.

just dont shoot frequently in one site. rotate sites. wipe area with alcohol before and after shooting. massage the area after injection to increase absorption into muscle. and lastly shoot slowly, do not overload that muscles capacity to absorb by shooting lets say 3ml in 10 secs. all of these will lead to scar tissue formation, necrosis and maybe even an ulcer that will require minor surgery to treat.

just completed internal medicine module at med skwl, so its fresh in my mind...glad i could help.
Thanks, this all sounds about right, as scar tissue probably did develop over the course of my 8 week trenbolone ace run in which I jabbed daily with delt rotation. What I did in Day 7 of pain/swelling when I posted this was use a hot compress twice a day and massage lightly. As I did not feel feverish nor was it red anymore, I assumed it was a painful shallow oil buildup as you said, rather than development of an actual abscess. By today (9 days after jab) it has 85% gone away, but it was quite the scare.

Let this be solid advice to guys out there rotating injection sites- be careful and rotate properly, as keeping sterile and aspirating is not enough. I have done this over an 8 year period, but still did not pay enough attention to properly planning a daily spot inject. From now on, I think I will do delt/glute/thigh for ALL cycles requiring a daily jab to minimize risk of infection or abscess. I got lucky this time but lesson learned!
Gallery of Nighthawkk