Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are you flexible? Do you do Yoga?

Gladiola

Technically, flexibility is one of the components of fitness.

Yeah, stretching doesn't burn calories, doesn't help us build mass & get firm & doesn't do anything for how we *look*, but is still important.

If I didn't have the time, I'd cut my yoga/pilates class first thing. But I've been doing it at least once a week for about 7 months & notice a big difference in my flexibilty. I feel like I move more gracefully (My boyfriend says I bump into stuff less often :lmao: )

I enjoy feeling like my body is more *functional* in the way that I can move. Flexibility is important to me & I also do find the class I teach to be relaxing. Helpful for my high-strung self!

Anyone else? Do you even have any idea if you're flexible or not?

i used to be... i don't have time to do yoga anymore but i used to do a bit of ashtanga. love it!

when i have time i'm going to add it to my week.

I'm very flexible...and am thankful for it! Comes in handy too :)

started back when I did gymnastics...and kept up the stretching...

I want to be able to touch my toes when I'm 75!!

I am pretty flexible, especially my legs. I've done a little yoga and pilates, just from tapes and books -- most of my stretches are runner's stretches. One of my best friends is an astanga nut -- she looks great! Amazing what it did for her abs.

Wyst

Yes, as a matter of fact I love Yoga. I started the classes last year thru a College close to my home. There are soooo many different forms of Yoga that I never was aware of before I got interested.

I talked my hubby into going ..He went once with me! I must admit tho, he will do some of the "moves" here at home. He saw a noticable change in his lower back within two weeks! Men seem to neglect their core building?????

I like Yoga, but don't get to do it as often as I'd like...maybe I'll make more time for it.:)
BTW, smalls, what is ashtanga????

I'm naturally pretty flexible. My mother took up yoga back in the 60's. Even as a kid, I always enjoyed stretching and copying her yoga poses. I always spend about 15 minutes stretching after cardio. I took a yoga class for awhile and always slept the best on those nights, guess it was the deep breathing. Yoga's a lot harder than it looks.

ashtanga is what is often referred to as "power yoga"

emphasis on breathing and proper form... it's the kind madonna does.

I started over the summer doing Bikram yoga and noticed I was more flexible than normal. Fell out of it for a while, but just started back again. 90 minutes of stretching in a heated room? I'd say that was a workout:) I love it!!

Top Bottom