Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

who here's used ephedrine while on hormonal birth control?

Devils*Angel

has anyone here used an e/c stack while on hormonal birth control?
i'm on the pill and toying with the idea of using an e/c stack again. but im worried it might make my pill less effective. does ephedrine make the pill less effective?

Dingo12 said:
Ephedrine does not affect birth-control, full stop.

thanks for the response. :) i'm not challenging your response at all, but, how do you know this? are their any articles, etc. on the topic that you could refer me too? sorry, i just need to ease my mind. :)

I've used ECA for a few months at a time in the past & been on BC for years. Never affected it.

ECA doesn't act on the ovaries. It doesn't influence the reproductive system. I've never read articles about it, but I never even thought to worry about it b/c they're not related.

Gladiola said:
I've used ECA for a few months at a time in the past & been on BC for years. Never affected it.

ECA doesn't act on the ovaries. It doesn't influence the reproductive system. I've never read articles about it, but I never even thought to worry about it b/c they're not related.

thanks gladiola :) i was worried because i'm on a low-dose pill and my doctor told me using ephedrine while relying on the pill as my sole method of bc was a bad idea as the eph could make my pill less effective - something about it causing me to metabolize the hormones too quickly or having other nasty effects. but, seeing that doctors aren't always very knowledgable about ephedrine and are quick to say not to use it...i wasn't sure. thank you for your response! is there any chance the metabolizing hormones too quickly could be true or no?

Interesting point re: metabolizing hormones.

ECA doesn't affect metabolism quite THAT dramatically. As far as what's in your stomach, I take my pills before bed & I take my ECA doses with meals ONLY - since they'd make me sick to my stomach otherwise. I also don't take ECA close to bed time since it will keep me up - so there is so much time between the 2. Also your metabolism slows as you sleep, so there's a further margin of safety.

I'm on a low dose pill too - always have been.

I would think any doc would discourage you from ECA period - if you do any research on the stuff, it is kinda scary, so I'm not surprised you're doc voiced concerns.

Gladiola said:
Interesting point re: metabolizing hormones.

ECA doesn't affect metabolism quite THAT dramatically. As far as what's in your stomach, I take my pills before bed & I take my ECA doses with meals ONLY - since they'd make me sick to my stomach otherwise. I also don't take ECA close to bed time since it will keep me up - so there is so much time between the 2. Also your metabolism slows as you sleep, so there's a further margin of safety.

I'm on a low dose pill too - always have been.

I would think any doc would discourage you from ECA period - if you do any research on the stuff, it is kinda scary, so I'm not surprised you're doc voiced concerns.

thanks for your quick and thought out responses! what time do you take your pill & what time did you take your last ECA dose? when using EC stacks, for me it's usually around 7:15-7:30am and around 1:35 or 2:00pm. i take my pill around 10:15 or so - big enough time frame?

Devils*Angel said:

thanks for the response. :) i'm not challenging your response at all, but, how do you know this? are their any articles, etc. on the topic that you could refer me too? sorry, i just need to ease my mind. :)
The only things that affect OCP effectiveness are things that increase hepatic metabolism, which is responsible for the breakdown of sex hormones. E/C does not do that, hence no effect on OCP's.

There are far more serious consequences to worry about when taking ephedrine, like death.

thebabydoc said:
The only things that affect OCP effectiveness are things that increase hepatic metabolism, which is responsible for the breakdown of sex hormones. E/C does not do that, hence no effect on OCP's.

There are far more serious consequences to worry about when taking ephedrine, like death.

what supplements, if any, do increase hepatic metabolism?
do you feel that clen is safer than ephedrine?

Top Bottom