Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much pounds?

Generally speaking "pounds" is not a great way to measure progress because the scale can only tell u the total weight of bones + bodyfat + muscle mass + water. Water is so variable that the scale may or may not reflec the part you are interested in - bodyfat loss. So I'd also say look at your bodyfat ratio - the change in bodyfat week to week or go by how your clothes fit.

Also "progress" IMO depends on if you are starting cold and count that one month from the first day you start dieting or training or whatever, vs. if you've been doing it for a while and your body is respondign to your diet & training now.

But generally 1-2 lb / week, 1% bodyfat/week is reasonable.

I dont' know the context you are asking in but I mostly want to say don't look at bodyfat loss as "I want to drop 20 lb in 1 month" - or "how quickly can I drop 20 lb" - its more like settign up an efficient diet & training, be consistent w/ it and let your body respond to it - its a life style, not how extreme can you be in 1 month - because you may reach your goal of 20 lb or whatever in a month but you will most likely rebound as soon as you go off whatever extreme program you are on.

I guess I dont have an answer.

Scale weight is different than 'fat' weight.

a 1% a week bodyfat drop is possible with a great diet & training program.

SO in a month you could be down 4% bodyfat, feel tighter, clothes looser, yet the scale is the same...

Water weight can make the scale drop or raise daily/weekly etc.

It is not uncommon for those new to diet & eating healthy to experience a pretty significant droppage of scale weight as the body releases water.

ok i admit that i dont know much about this whole proccess of weight loss.i never was overweight before. i asked the question above because i dont want to expect too high about the quick result of losing weight then feel discourage about it when i dont get the result that i expected for which is unrealistic for losing 10 lbs a month :evil: .gaining weight it does not takes over night as well as losing weight,it takes time. now how we measure the fat weight ? :)

thanks

Taking measurements and getting your bodyfat checked is more reliable. I was 135 pounds but 33% at one time, I would rather be 190 at 18%, I look better. Just my .02

ms Mars said:
ok i admit that i dont know much about this whole proccess of weight loss.i never was overweight before. i asked the question above because i dont want to expect too high about the quick result of losing weight then feel discourage about it when i dont get the result that i expected for which is unrealistic for losing 10 lbs a month :evil: .gaining weight it does not takes over night as well as losing weight,it takes time. now how we measure the fat weight ? :)

thanks
At some point I was completely clueless about all this as well. :) Do you belong to a gym where you can ask them to take your bodyfat? and NOT on the scale, using calipers. The pinch you, record the measurements, put it in an equations and voila, you get a % that you may not like at first! :) Some charge a fee some do not, but it's a good figure to have, they should break it down for you (i.e things such as Lean Body Mass, Fat weight, Fat free weight etc, not to confuse you or anything)

I honestly think that you need to prepare yourself to be discouraged at one point or another. It happens to all of us when all the sudden #'s start dropping and you feel your progress stalled out. At THAT time you just need to make the proper adjustments. You WILL get past it. :)

I would pick a day, same day, every week, same time (early AM after you went to the bathroom), and track it that way if you want to weigh yourself.

I do think a 10 lb drop a month (on the scale is possible sure) but I would say generally speaking at least half that (if not more) would be water ... in comes the bodyfat measure.. lets say:

week 1 you were at 130 lbs, 26% bodyfat.. then:
week 4 youre at 128 lbs 22.5% bodyfat

you can see that YES your clothes feeling looser, you looking better, feeling better, DO mean something, not that you only dropped two lbs on the scale... but 3.5% bodyfat (what You WANT to be happy about)

Youre on the right track and it may seem like alot now, but it's easier once you 'get it' and you WILL 'get it' ... :rose:

Top Bottom