Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How important are GENETICS?

luvs2workout

How much of a role do genetics play in our quest for the perfect body?

Katie Uter swears its mostly her good genetics that cause her to look like she does....she said she only diets 3 wks. out from a show?WTF? Then theres a girl at the gym who has the most perfect bubble butt, no cellulite and has never worked on it a DAY in her life..people like that make me sick! :)

Anyone know any facts about this?

genetics play the #1 role and I speak from personal experience-I eat 100%clean, use hgh,igf-1,sust, train with a top pro bb'er and still cannot get shredded-we've concluded that this is due to genetics

I don't know but it is a good question.. My old trainer Jill never dieted and sometimes she would laugh as I flipped through a fitness magazine and say "those people don't really do that."

:confused: :confused: :confused: :bawling:

Genetics is the foundation from which you are able to mold from. I have a friend who has done a lot of muscle mag covers who I know doesn't eat clean all the time. She diets like a week before a photo shoot and yet I have never seen her in shape where her 6 pack isn't gleaming! I have seen this girl eat cookies and sweets with a tighter mid section than some girls (including myself) after dieting and working their ass off for it. If you open up her pantry, she has all the sweets you could think of in the world, yet her body tells a different story. I conclude, its her genetics. Damn, life ain't always fair, is it? hehe..

Exactly what I thought.....while Ive worked my ass off in the gym - Ive seen a girl workout not near as hard as I do and totally transform in less than 3 months.....while discouraging at times, Its not an excuse to quit or just give in to shitty genetics, but a reason to work that much harder I suppose :)

I think they play a big part of it...and it gives you your froundation, but you have control from there to how far you take it and push yourself...you can do a lot w/ time...proper training...and diet...You can transform if you are consistent....but everyone has their good and bad parts....:)

I agree genetics play a pretty significant factor. I have lousy abs, but biceps that are quite peaked & yet I don't curl all that much. My weight for curling hasn't increased much (relative to my strength gains elsewhere) & yet they are still getting bigger - go figure?!

No question that some ppl are blessed naturally lean, some are blessed with a good ability to build muscle mass & some work & work without growing a lot. BUT... we still all can work with what we got.

Yup - win some, lose some

"Everyone can be a model of fitness, but not everyone can look like a fitness model."
-My exercise physiologist friend

Sure theyre important, but they arent the "be all end all".

We all have some genetic trait that is desirable, mabye we wish we had genetically high bicep peaks but we dont. But that girl/guy with them looks at us and thinks "Hell, I wish a had the genetics to have shoulders like that!"

I was definatly not born with a genetic disposition toward leaness. Its a constant fight, and sure I look at naturally lean people and wish they were dead :D
BUT! I gain muscle very easily, and that isnt such a bad genetic card to draw!

My biceps attachment is crappy. I have that little space between the bicep and forarm, and there is nothing I can do about it. It is a source of insecurity for me. I fight for every inch on my arms while others have naturally nice biceps.
But I drew the genetic card for huge calves and quads/hams with little training. Plus my delts respond very well to training, so I have very wide shoulders. Id still like good biceps, but its not a bad trade I guess.

In the end genetics only really matters when you get to a more advanced level of conditioning. I personally dont feel that many people ever develop to their full genetic potential.
We have to make sure we dont use genetics as an excuse to not train to develop what we have as best we can...

Top Bottom