Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Etiquette - When to back off?

WoNderWoMan25 said:
Ha....

See... I need one of those. This is when you start to miss the benefits of a boyfriend who is a 6'4 260-pound Linebacker.

And - Being a big tattooed chick should count for something!!

Hell yeah it counts for something.

I'm only 6'2" but I have leaned down to 308 now. :evil:

Cheers,
Scotsman

WoNderWoMan25 said:
Whatever this 'trainers' intentions were, I gave him the 'thanks but no thanks' last night.

More irritating that this guy is anyone who interrupts me during a HIIT session, or any kind of cardio. I don't enjoy cardio to begin with. But I'm working so hard I can barely see straight, let alone carry on a conversation.... Top that off with the fact that sometimes even I *know* I'm sweaty and smelly .... at times so horribly that it's embarrassing!! I guess there are more asses out there than we realize!! :) It will be interesting to see what happens when I move off the east coast... If there is any change in attitude, etiquette, behaviors.

no. people are dumb all over. :D

superqt4u2nv said:
I try to look as angry as possilbe when lifting...

I used to think that'd work too, but I learned a lot of dudes thinks that angry, intense look is either "cute" or "hot".

RottenWillow said:
I used to think that'd work too, but I learned a lot of dudes thinks that angry, intense look is either "cute" or "hot".

LOL because its true

RottenWillow said:

LOL - This cracks me up.

And I will never understand how a sweaty = sexy.

The Shadow said:
Tell him that if you want advice - that you will ask for it.

If it continues - tell the gym manager as it is likely a recurring problem - and not just with you.

Tuesday night: About halfway through my workout he came up and mouthed something. I pointed to my headphones and he hovered... So I took them off and gave an exasperated "WHAT?!"

He asked if he could 'make a suggestion' .... I just smiled, shook my head no and said "I'm good - thanks".

I went for cardio only last night (and I was with a friend - male & overweight if that matters any). Mr Floor Trainer didn't have any suggestions for me, but the cardio machines are lofted above everything else in the gym and trainers don't tend to 'hang out' in that area.... so we'll see. Thanks again!

WoNderWoMan25 said:
Tuesday night: About halfway through my workout he came up and mouthed something. I pointed to my headphones and he hovered... So I took them off and gave an exasperated "WHAT?!"

He asked if he could 'make a suggestion' .... I just smiled, shook my head no and said "I'm good - thanks".

I went for cardio only last night (and I was with a friend - male & overweight if that matters any). Mr Floor Trainer didn't have any suggestions for me, but the cardio machines are lofted above everything else in the gym and trainers don't tend to 'hang out' in that area.... so we'll see. Thanks again!

I was going to suggest the mp3/walkman route. Worked for HT and Elana who got hit on by trainers constantly. Just keep the music on and ignore them. Give a dirty look and they will walk.

WoNderWoMan25 said:

Awesome.

Does he do this to everyone? Do you see him "helping" others?

Top Bottom