Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zercher Squats

I tried these today with some 30lb kettlebells. Actually I started with fronts and then switched over to Zerchers. Luckily my yakisoba noodle arms are small enough to fit into the KB handles, so I just slid them up about halfway up my forearms and went to town - took a relatively wide stance and just held the KB's infront of me like the guy in the pic.

I must say they do seem to work the core pretty well, couldn't get as low as on my front's but that was probably just the wider stance.

I think I'll keep in the rotation, looking forward to trying them with some appreciable weights.

Also did some swings and I guess whatever one calls a squat clean and press. I love these kb's as an alternative workout, so many things you can do with them.

Jim Ouini said:
I tried these today with some 30lb kettlebells. Actually I started with fronts and then switched over to Zerchers. Luckily my yakisoba noodle arms are small enough to fit into the KB handles, so I just slid them up about halfway up my forearms and went to town - took a relatively wide stance and just held the KB's infront of me like the guy in the pic.

I must say they do seem to work the core pretty well, couldn't get as low as on my front's but that was probably just the wider stance.

I think I'll keep in the rotation, looking forward to trying them with some appreciable weights.

Also did some swings and I guess whatever one calls a squat clean and press. I love these kb's as an alternative workout, so many things you can do with them.
Your not getting the same benefit with kettleballs. I guess it would be of some benefit, but why would you do them this way over the barbell?

wnt2bBeast said:
try doing these concentric only from a low setting
awesome for your deadlift
This would be a great thing to do but I have a problem with my gut getting in the way trying to pick it up. Just kidding. Thats kind of like training with Atlas Stones.

hangclean said:
This would be a great thing to do but I have a problem with my gut getting in the way trying to pick it up. Just kidding. Thats kind of like training with Atlas Stones.
i bet my gut is bigger

.I 'm not a strongman, but I think Zerchers would be great for that type of training. At least for me, it zeros in on the way I pick up bulky, irregularly shaped objects.

fortunatesun said:
.I 'm not a strongman, but I think Zerchers would be great for that type of training. At least for me, it zeros in on the way I pick up bulky, irregularly shaped objects.

I was thinking the same thing
Zercher Squats and BLDL are probubly two very big lifts for Strongmen Types

Top Bottom