Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wrist Injury - anyone else have these?

tasride

My left wrist is a big issue when lifting, basicly leaves me unable to lift heavy after one or two sets, I can hear clicking noises and it feels like its a sprain. I have had physio, received various treatments, xrays and everything comes back all good. I am wondering if anyone else experiences a similiar issue and what have you done to fix this?

LGD helped with it alot and I also use straps, take daily joint supplements, collagen supplements and I stretch/rest wrist when issue gets bad.......

1. don't live heavy
2. don't use a movement that hurts
3. don't use gloves or straps

younger guys typically go through these nagging type injuries because your body has to get used to the wear and tear. your body has to strengthen over time slowly.. this is why gloves, straps, belts SHOULD NEVER be used especially by the younger guys!!! big no no .. you are only creating imbalances and weaknesses when you do that

now you can either continue to pound away and make the situation chronic, or you can ease off and allow it to heal .. the choice is yours.. just don't come back in 5 years bitching that you can no longer lift without taking a PK

take daily joint supplements, collagen supplements
Does this mean your taking large doses of vitamin C (ie >10 grams a day) as well as lysine, chondroiten, Vit K, potassium?

Does this mean your taking large doses of vitamin C (ie >10 grams a day) as well as lysine, chondroiten, Vit K, potassium?

Mate, I saw your post in other threads and upped my vitamin c consumption based on reading your posts, im getting about 5gm to 7gm in a day but may look at getting powder version for ease over tablets, also using glucosamine, chondrotin, msm and have just purchased l-lysine to add to the daily staples. I also take daily another joint supp elastijoint by labrada and this has quality ingredient profile. Vitamin k I'm unfamiliar with?

1. don't live heavy
2. don't use a movement that hurts
3. don't use gloves or straps

younger guys typically go through these nagging type injuries because your body has to get used to the wear and tear. your body has to strengthen over time slowly.. this is why gloves, straps, belts SHOULD NEVER be used especially by the younger guys!!! big no no .. you are only creating imbalances and weaknesses when you do that

now you can either continue to pound away and make the situation chronic, or you can ease off and allow it to heal .. the choice is yours.. just don't come back in 5 years bitching that you can no longer lift without taking a PK

Appreciate the reply and advice is taken onboard! I train smart for long term, I wrap my wrist when up the weight as the wrap assists on certain exercises, I train in a variety of ways and don't lift heavy straight off the bat and I stay away from things that aggravate it within the gym, but often it just pops up.

I have had time out to allow this injury to heal, since I use hand to drive, type, open jars it's impossible to completely so wanted to hear from others if they had anything similar?

Am I one of the younger guys at thirty years? If so this is great for the ego hahahaha

Mate, I saw your post in other threads and upped my vitamin c consumption based on reading your posts, im getting about 5gm to 7gm in a day but may look at getting powder version for ease over tablets, also using glucosamine, chondrotin, msm and have just purchased l-lysine to add to the daily staples. I also take daily another joint supp elastijoint by labrada and this has quality ingredient profile. Vitamin k I'm unfamiliar with?

It may go a bit beyond just nutrients to build collagen if your already taking that stuff and not seeing an improvement. It may be the rest of the environment also affecting your ability to heal. In people who consume a lot of calcium, like most lifters due to protein shakes and milk consumption, they skew the calcium to magnesium balance in addition to not getting the co-factors that actually are needed to get calcium into the places where its needed (ie bones, teeth). So what can happen is that calcium collects in soft tissue including joints, tendons/ligaments, arteries and even muscle tissue. Vitamin A, D, E, K and magnesium all play a role in calcium metabolism and without adequate co-factors you can develop those nagging injuries that dont heal even if ample building blocks of collagen exist.

Potassium is another HUGE element in overall fitness and injury healing.

lets start with how much milk do you drink? If more than a few glasses a week you could be increasing your need for magnesium and most likely increasing need for vit K. Id recommend super K by life extension, probably a couple a day. Take 800mg magnesium citrate as well.

Then log your food intake for a few days and figure out how much potassium you take in. My guess is in the low 2000mg range and if thats the case. Invest in some potassium ascorbate (700mg potassium/4g ascorbate per teaspoon) and use 2-3 servings a day. Feel free to PM me if you cant find it.

I would bet money that anyone only getting around 2000mg of potassium a day would see noticeable improvements in the gym within a couple week by adding 3 teaspoons (different times of day not all at once) potassium ascorbate.

Appreciate the reply and advice is taken onboard! I train smart for long term, I wrap my wrist when up the weight as the wrap assists on certain exercises, I train in a variety of ways and don't lift heavy straight off the bat and I stay away from things that aggravate it within the gym, but often it just pops up.

I have had time out to allow this injury to heal, since I use hand to drive, type, open jars it's impossible to completely so wanted to hear from others if they had anything similar?

Am I one of the younger guys at thirty years? If so this is great for the ego hahahaha

I bolded your problem

it might assist you to do that but think of how you are weakening your wrists in the process by 'cheating' .. notice I knew you used wraps before you even posted a response.. anytime I see a guy at the gym using gloves or wraps I cringe because I know they are going to end up with wrist and forearm problems that could become chronic

if you can't lift it without wraps then you shouldn't be lifting it to begin with if you are already hurting. does this make sense ? I hope it does .. all you are doing is disabling recovery

and 30 years old is young depending on how many hours you have put in the gym. I know plenty of 30 year olds who have never touched a weight in their life.

My left wrist is a big issue when lifting, basicly leaves me unable to lift heavy after one or two sets, I can hear clicking noises and it feels like its a sprain. I have had physio, received various treatments, xrays and everything comes back all good. I am wondering if anyone else experiences a similiar issue and what have you done to fix this?

LGD helped with it alot and I also use straps, take daily joint supplements, collagen supplements and I stretch/rest wrist when issue gets bad.......

I broke my wrist years ago riding motocross and now have a plate and 11 screws in my left wrist. For the most part its fine but it does hurt sometimes!!! Just gotta ease off whatever makes it hurt thats the only thing I've found helps. It's just a day by day thing for me hah

Top Bottom