Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out while sick?

beastboy

What do you guys recommend? I feel weel enough to go to the gym, but not to put my all into the workout, but I thought maybe lifting would help speed up my recovery process. Any input?

I thought the same thing as you did, a few weeks ago....but as soon as I started lifting I started feeling weak and dizzy, breaking out in a sweat....I went home and decided it was best to fully recover :) Hope you feel better...besides you can get others sick by touching all over the wieghts and machines

beastboy said:
What do you guys recommend? I feel weel enough to go to the gym, but not to put my all into the workout, but I thought maybe lifting would help speed up my recovery process. Any input?

I do not have scientific evidence to back this up. However, I would think that lifting would SLOW your recovery. When you are just chillin' your body can dedicate itself to fighting the virus. However, when you are lifting your body has to use most of it's energy lifting. Then afterwards, your body has to use energy to repair muscle damage. Coupled with the LARGE amount of bacteria at a gym, I would stay home and get better. Again, I have no scientific evidence to back this up. It just makes sense to me!

ND

Your body only has so many resources. You can dedicate those resources to getting better (best idea) or you can go workout and hope your body can handle the added stress of a workout AND healing your illness. I tend to understand things better with analogies so lets see if I can come up with a decent one...
This isnt very good but all I can seem to come up with right now.

It'd be like a town with only one fire engine. They can handle one fire pretty well, but if two or three fires start at the same time they spread the men out to try and put all the fires out. However, they dont have the needed equipment, etc. so all of the fires get out of control.

Basically, your body is trying to heal the illness, if you go to the gym and it trys to heal your muscles, it takes away resources from the illness and the fire might get out of control (you may get sicker or prolong healing time). So, keep your ass at home and get better :D

I think you guys are right and I was thinkning along the same path, but I was thinking maybe I could go to the gym and spread it to all of the spring-breakers. I guess they aren't that big of a problem....all they do is bench and curls......

I would go home and rest for a day if you continue to feel sick then maybe I would go in and do a light workout. Just go home and eat and sleep. Maybe you have been over doing it and your body needs the rest.

Re: Re: Working out while sick?

[QUOTE
I do not have scientific evidence to back this up. However, I would think that lifting would SLOW your recovery. When you are just chillin' your body can dedicate itself to fighting the virus. However, when you are lifting your body has to use most of it's energy lifting. Then afterwards, your body has to use energy to repair muscle damage. Coupled with the LARGE amount of bacteria at a gym, I would stay home and get better. Again, I have no scientific evidence to back this up. It just makes sense to me!

/QUOTE]

this is true. your body CANNOT fight off a cold and build muscle at the same time. rest and get better.

Top Bottom