Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is your earliest memory of catching fish?

Sh4dowF4lcon said:
What size fly rod do you like best? What brand?

I use my loomis 7weight and 8 weight for almost everything. A little big for trout but I can land any size once I get em' hooked. Hold my tip up and let them get tired...:)

Uuuuh, good question. You would think that after 20 years I'd know my rods and reels. There is one of my father's rods that seems to be lucky for me, but I'd have to ask him which brand and size it is. When we go on our trips he's in charge of the fishing equipment and I'm in charge of the 30.06 and the 45. :)

Alrighty then, most likely for small trout it is 5 or 6 weight, brand does not always matter. I bought about a dozen rods in the past 7 years. I always bought GLoomis, since they were (at the time) still made in the USA. All my Loomis rods have a lifetime replacement. If you break it in the door, or break it on a fish or whatever, you pay shipping send in the broke rod they mail a new one right back---lifetime! many other good brands though, like Orvis and others.

Ok, I talked to my father last night about the rod... it's an Orvis Trident TL, 6 weight line.

they say the smaller the weight the harder it is to find your "feel" for the stroke. I can cast for miles with my 8 weight. Glad to see a few fisher people posted up.

This all the fishing stories we have in this place?

Top Bottom