Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is your earliest memory of catching fish?

sh4dowf4lcon

Dad take you to grannies house or what? Uncles? Brothers? What is your earliest memory catching fish?

My earliest memory was my dad catching trout in Colorado and frying them in a pan next to our camp site. I was about 3 or 4 when we went to Colorado. I remeber he would hook one and tell me to help him reel it in. I have been hooked ever since.

My grandfathers and dad built our lakehouse when I was a month old. Texoma. I basically grew up there! At least every weekend.

Striper fishing north of the North Island is my earliest memory. Also, catching little Sandies in our cove. That and my grandfather beating the shit out of a big ass catfish he somehow got into the boat. LOL.

Also, Lake Tawakoni and Toledo Bend.

Now my girls are fishing.....

good stuff zebo. Striper fishing in Texoma is good stuff. I have only done it twice, and landed big ones both times. 25+ and 28+ are the biggest out of Texoma I caught.

I must have been in 1st or 2nd grade and we were out on the Mississippi river ice fishing in WI. I could see the bobber moving, and my grandfather told me to lift up on the pole. I did and this fish "jumped" out of the water at me! I ran out of the ice house thinking it was coming after me. :lmao:

I grew up along side a fast high mountain river in bumfuck Oregon, so i remember catching fish with worms from the railroad bridge that was right there.

strongsmartsexy said:
I must have been in 1st or 2nd grade and we were out on the Mississippi river ice fishing in WI. I could see the bobber moving, and my grandfather told me to lift up on the pole. I did and this fish "jumped" out of the water at me! I ran out of the ice house thinking it was coming after me. :lmao:

lol, good stuff.

SSS, have I mentioned I like you better when we dont discuss politics and homosexuals or religion?

:)

Sh4dowF4lcon said:
lol, good stuff.

SSS, have I mentioned I like you better when we dont discuss politics and homosexuals or religion?

:)
Hey, get to know me. Not only am I a great guy, but I"m HUGELY multi-dimensional.

I was about 6 when I caught my first fish all by myself. My father and I were under a foot traffic bridge on Icicle Creek here in Washington. A 10 inch trout is nothing in the fishing world, but to a 6 year old it's like striking gold. My father had to explain to me over and over again why I couldn't keep the fish in my lap during the 2.5 hour drive home. I've been fishing ever since. We still make annual trips to the most remote places we can find for a few days of fly fishing and bullshitting.

dirty~d~ said:
I was about 6 when I caught my first fish all by myself. My father and I were under a foot traffic bridge on Icicle Creek here in Washington. A 10 inch trout is nothing in the fishing world, but to a 6 year old it's like striking gold. My father had to explain to me over and over again why I couldn't keep the fish in my lap during the 2.5 hour drive home. I've been fishing ever since. We still make annual trips to the most remote places we can find for a few days of fly fishing and bullshitting.

What size fly rod do you like best? What brand?

I use my loomis 7weight and 8 weight for almost everything. A little big for trout but I can land any size once I get em' hooked. Hold my tip up and let them get tired...:)

One of my favorite things to do was to get a long limber fly rod. Put a colorful popper on it and head down for some panfish. They'd hit that popper and it would feel like you were dragging a cast iron skillet sideways through the water. Small mouthed bass are hella fun with a flyrod also.

Top Bottom