Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Very slow controlled lifts focusing on the muscle

paintballproam

A couple big guys in my gym swear by this concept. Very slow negative as well as contraction, squeezing tight and focusing on the muscle not the weight.
Example: cable rows...slowwwwlllyyy pulling the handle to your body, squeezing/pausing for a second, then slowly controlling the weight back.

They do this on all lifts, all muscle groups. Has anyone had experience with this resulting in alot of muscle growth?

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

I mean I've heard of doing the slow negative explosive lift, but never slow the whole way thru.

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

That's kind of a twist from Dorian Yates' style of lifting. His is explosive but very controlled to failure then have your partner lift the positive and you contract the negative brining the muscle to absolute failure. Like I said though everything is done with control and good form. There's no half ass reps or poor form.

When we do right nobody remembers, when we do wrong nobody forgets. H.A.M.C

Support your local 81
AFFA Red and White

This type of training focuses on time under tention. Your muscle doesn't know how much weight you lift it only knows the tension you place on it.

Putting maximum tension on your muscle with a lighter weight load increases muscular hypertrophy.

Often when people lift heavy they aren't even stimulating their target muscle because they overload it and force other muscles to intervene/ alternative firing patterns.

Lighter weights and time under tension = mass.

Top Bottom