Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

size of punching bag

muscledog95

To the people that hit the bag..what size of punching bag you use. I have a 100lb but after it ripped out of the wall no place to hang it;...gonna get a smaller one..

Take care

i got a 100lb one too, i think its just right....however mine is suspend from a beam on the ceiling in the basement so it will never come off unless my mother inlaw falls in the kitchen.

I have a 40lb, 80lb, 7' Thaibag, and a double end at home. I like the Thai the best because it barely moves and simulates a body fairly well.

Nonerz said:
I like to beat up on Nate...it's much more realistic that way! :splat:

speaking of beating up on....we havent had a workout in a while....

do you prefer a bag thats just suspended or do you like the top/bottom mounted ones. those are pretty sweet IMO. i'll ask my roommate what they use at his gym, he kicks the bag alot so.....he would know more than i. back in my days of martial arts we just had the standard everlast ones hanging from the ceiling. how about the weighted bottom ones, like a weeble wobble thing. those can be tough to move around if you weight them right. the gym my buddy trains at has those and he has his people punch and kick the crap out of them.

i got a 100lb one too, i think its just right....however mine is suspend from a beam on the ceiling in the basement so it will never come off unless my mother inlaw falls in the kitchen.

Your married Nick?

SofaGeorge said:
Don't get light bags. The bounce all over the place. If you go under 100lbs it gets obnoxious. 150lbs is best.

just make sure the bottom is mounted to the floor.

the best bag for coordination and defense is a suspended bag, but as heavy bags go try getting a water bag as they absorb almost 100% of the energy you punch with so there is no rebound force, hence training one to snap their hands back into position faster. I also use a 50lbs uppercut bag as well....

Top Bottom