Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pinch gripper and coc

TheOak84

ive made my own pinch grip toy. a 3x6 brick, 4 foot chain, and weights. brick weighs about 2 pounds, the chain prolly weighs about the same.

i started with the coc trainer doin 3x20, 20, 17 on both hands, holding for about a second each rep. then the pich grip starting with 10 pounds (plus brick and chain) 3x1 minuet, then adding 5 more pounds and doin 2x45 seconds

finally, static holds with the coc trainer 3xfailure (about 25 seconds)

my grip was doin by that time. i wanted to add in forearm curls, but i was at home and all my weights are packed away.

any input on add/changing exercises to improve grip? im training it twice a week, once after back on thurs, and by itself on sunday.

There's a grip-training 101 sticky in this forum.

I'm looking forward to my coc grippers turning up. Recently in the gym I've been trying one-hand deadlifts and also holding onto plates with fingers and thumb; hold for a minute, take a 90s break and then go again.

TheOak84 said:
ive made my own pinch grip toy. a 3x6 brick, 4 foot chain, and weights. brick weighs about 2 pounds, the chain prolly weighs about the same.

i started with the coc trainer doin 3x20, 20, 17 on both hands, holding for about a second each rep. then the pich grip starting with 10 pounds (plus brick and chain) 3x1 minuet, then adding 5 more pounds and doin 2x45 seconds

finally, static holds with the coc trainer 3xfailure (about 25 seconds)

my grip was doin by that time. i wanted to add in forearm curls, but i was at home and all my weights are packed away.

any input on add/changing exercises to improve grip? im training it twice a week, once after back on thurs, and by itself on sunday.

like bw said, check out the grip training sticky. I also think (depending on your goals), you can't beat rack dead holds and DB holds. if I don't have time to do a seperate grip day, I'll just hold the last rep of each set on deads and DB shrugs until my hands give in.

Top Bottom