x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals
Sarms for SaleNeed To Build Muscle INC.

Pet Peeves In The Gym

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Pet Peeves In The Gym within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: What are yours? I just observed an obscene amount of people do 15 reps to tone/define (with rediculously low weight). In the end where the hell does that get you? Esp on isolated movements like curls. Where did this high rep/definition logic come from? There's also those people who curl right in front of the mirror on the 'POWER LIFTING ONLY PLATFORM' if I do deads/SLDL's why should I share a mirror with someone doing curls? There are tons of other mirrors in the place. ...Just had to

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Pet Peeves In The Gym

What are yours?

I just observed an obscene amount of people do 15 reps to tone/define (with rediculously low weight). In the end where the hell does that get you? Esp on isolated movements like curls. Where did this high rep/definition logic come from?

There's also those people who curl right in front of the mirror on the 'POWER LIFTING ONLY PLATFORM' if I do deads/SLDL's why should I share a mirror with someone doing curls? There are tons of other mirrors in the place.

...Just had to vent

for me its the people doing 1/2 reps, with way too much weight, and thinking they are all badass, not realizing that those of us who actually know how to train are laughing our asses off at them.

Red Dragon, you're from Waterloo, I'm about 30minutes away, where do you train?
    Homer Simpson: You can use statistics to prove anything that's even remotely true...

Homer Simpson: Old people need to be locked up and studied so we can determine which valuable nutrients can be extracted for our benefit...

Homer Simpson: I wish God were alive to see this

The coolest bodybuilding gear on the net!
    CLICK HERE!

Good Broly
    The great United States, may God bless her
    All the mini floor fans in my gym
    It feels like a mini-tornado in there

Olympian
    Originally posted by needsize
    for me its the people doing 1/2 reps, with way too much weight, and thinking they are all badass, not realizing that those of us who actually know how to train are laughing our asses off at them.
    at my old gyms this was my biggest pet peeve. the bad thing is they would truly think they are badasses, and size themselves up to the real lifters in the gym.

Originally posted by needsize

Red Dragon, you're from Waterloo, I'm about 30minutes away, where do you train?
    thats nothing. at my gym we have a posse of guys who do 1/4 presses for shoulders. my boyfriend actually asked one of them why they do it like that and the guy gave my boyfriend some elaborate explanation LOL

One of my biggest peeves is when people load 45s on the bar in the power cage for shrugs or something. Judging by the height of the bar, these people always seem to be 7 feet tall. I'm 5'5" with a bad shoulder, so it's a pain in the neck.

That and curling in the power cage. Ugh. My gym only has one and no squat racks, so this is a true annoyance.

**Edited to say I meant leaving the 45s on the bar ... I hate it when people don't re-rack their plates.**
    Last edited by 2Shy; 08-Nov-2003 at 11:09 PM.

Good Bro
    There was really none of this were i used to live, but at the gym here, there alwase seems to be some 60 year old guy, naked in the locker room. Usualy, people use something called towels, but they sure dont. And then they get in a conversation for an excuse to stay naked just a little while longer. I walk around staring at the floor.

The one day I had some guy ask to work in with me and my training partner, we were benching 315 for 5x5 that day. This guy is 160lbs soaking wet with oil, proceeds to jump right in and start cranking out 1/4 reps. After a few sets i couldnt take it anymore, so I asked why he doesnt ever do full range stuff. His snotty reponse was that this way works much better for him(I've been training around this guy for 5 years and he hasnt gained a pound). So I said "Oh, thats interesting..I've gained over 100lbs on my body since I started training with full range reps, how much has this gained for you?"
    he just looked pissed off and walked away
    Homer Simpson: You can use statistics to prove anything that's even remotely true...

Homer Simpson: Old people need to be locked up and studied so we can determine which valuable nutrients can be extracted for our benefit...

Homer Simpson: I wish God were alive to see this

The coolest bodybuilding gear on the net!
    CLICK HERE!

Easy.
    - people not removing their weights when done with equipment
    - people not wiping sweat off of equipment
    - people who do not complement me on the loudness, frequency, and stench of my farts.

Hmmm....

1) Talking on cell phones while lifting. I have seen a couple of guys actually curl with one arm and talk on the phone with the other

2) As others have stated: The 1/2 or 1/4 reps.

3) The "Under Armor" assualt. Wow if I see another guy who weighs a 140lbs wearing Under Armor gear that looks like spray on latex I'm going to die. I'm really not some gym workout clothes nazi but these things look like freaking wet suits.