Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pet Peeves In The Gym

There is this one guy that comes in and proceeds to let out these really obnoxious orgasmic noises whilst doing tricep pushdowns and 95 lb bench presses. A little grunting does not bother me but this dude belongs in one of those Herbal Essentials shampoo commercials. Fucking-A.

Last edited:
my biggest pet peeve of people in the gym is:

.................... people..........

plain and simple........lol

X

I saw 2 people today:

1. A guy i see from time to time, using the lat pulldown machine, obiously had too much weight on it for him. He was pulling the bar down onto the back of his neck, with no control what so ever, the bar was bouncing off his neck, then he was allowing the bar to fly back up (with no effort of control), this was for 3 sets of 3 or 4 - beats me how he didnt either rip his arms out of the sockets or break his neck. I spoke to one of the instructors and said are you gunna say something to him, his reply was "naah fu#k him, ive told him so many times i hope he hurts himself"

2. A woman on the leg ext machine. She had a whopping 10lb on there, she did 3 sets of 10, wiped her forehead and went to the next machine. (Obiously she didnt want to become a muscle bound freak)

Now why the hell do people like this go to the gym, is it just to piss us off ?

After reading this, it makes me glad I have my own personnal "dungeon" at home. Ironically, I think I spent less on my rack and weights that I would have on a gym membership.

Let's see here in no particular order.

-cell phones in gym
-people who don't shower and smell bad
-people standing in front of what I want to use talking and not lifting
-people who lift upper body only (superheroes)
-not putting weights away (you get them out you can put them away)
-people who ask advice from me then dispute what I say
-people who run on the treadmill for two hours because they don't want to be big and bulky from weight training.
-girls who dress up to be seen and not to lift.
-and as X said just people in general.

Some day I will have my own gym and then I can be happy.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Many rants for me
1. 1/2 and 1/4 reps what a waste
2. One guy in particular blows my mind. When he does shoulders on the seated rack he lifts his butt up and away from the seat so he is basically in an incline position to do his shoulders. Then when doing incline he lifts his butt so far up that he's totally horizontal to do inclines. I haven't seen him flat bench yet but I'm sure it looks like decline. What really pissed me off was when he was on the incline one day doing his from all fucked up and I needed to get on. He was wasting his time and mine because he should have been on the damn flat bench.
3. We needed the squat rack for check this SQUATS last monday, and these two guys that I thought were cool were doing bent rows out of the rack. They were lifting the bar off the safety sides of the squat rack walking out of it to do the bent rows and then putting it back on the squat rack. What the hell. If I were doing that and I wouldn't and someone asked how much longer because we're doing squats, I'd have said oh well take it because we have no reason at all to be here we could do it off the floor and have the exact same affect.
4. Stealing weights and machines without asking.
5. Smelling like a ripe asshole
6. As above doing exercises wrong on machines I want to use correctly. I don't care if someone knows what there doing, but when someone is doing shit all wrong when I want to get on it is wasting my time and theirs and that really angers me.

My biggest pet peeve is people who leave the bar in the highest hook of the squat rack with plates on it. It is really frustrating because it is well over my head and I can't unrack it safely.

I also hate the guy who uses the 100lb fixed bar and then leaves it in the middle of the floor for me to trip over. If he was strong enough to get it off the rack he should be strong enough to put it back.

I also hate the people who snag weights off your bar without checking if you are done. My husband almost got decapitated because some moron grabbed 20 pounds off one side of the bar when he was benching (he had walked over to the power rack to spot my squats) and didn't say anything to us when we returned to the bar. The guy was sitting right behind us watching my husband psych himself up for the set. Then after the almost decapitation the guy mumbled something about not realizing the bar was still in use!!!

I need a bigger house so we can have a home gym!

superwife said:

I also hate the people who snag weights off your bar without checking if you are done. My husband almost got decapitated because some moron grabbed 20 pounds off one side of the bar when he was benching (he had walked over to the power rack to spot my squats) and didn't say anything to us when we returned to the bar. The guy was sitting right behind us watching my husband psych himself up for the set. Then after the almost decapitation the guy mumbled something about not realizing the bar was still in use!!!

Damn, I forgot that one. One day I was close grip benching with 295lbs for 5x5. I walked away to do a set for bis, when I came back, the guy using the machine 5 feet away had stripped 35lbs off the bar I was using. He then watched from 5 feet away as I unracked to bar, and then almost blew a shoulder out as it went flying to one side. When I got up and asked everyone around me what happened, he just kept staring at me but didnt say a word.

Top Bottom