Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

narrow stance vs PL stance squat

ChinkNasty

has anyone found that squatting pler style has created a strength imbalance in the quads vs. hams causing their quads to be strained/pulled...rugby season just started again and I pulled my quad really badly and I'm thinking it has something to do with me squatting pl style strictly over the summer and having glutes/hammies that are overpowering my quads...I am now alternating narrow stance and pler when I do leg days to see if things turn out better...anyone else have this problem?

thanks,
CN

My quads are decently strong I guess...and I mostly do all my squats wide. If you pulled a quad while playing rugby...makes me wonder what your off season conditioning work was like.

I mostly always squat wide stanced like a powerlifter but recently hit a jokingly easy raw 412 front squat after doing box squats and deadlifts.

B True

a good mix if high bar squats and PL style will cure that. every so often hit some 5x5 high bar squats and you should be fine.

i can place the bar up on my traps, or i place it down on my rear delts. with the bar up on my traps i sit down into the "pocket" thus keeping my quads heavily involved. with the bar low, i spread my feet out and sit back, transferring alot of the load on the posterior chain (glutes, hams, erectors).

Top Bottom