Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knee wraps for squatting, how do you put them on?

kingsquat

Okay, I've got a set. Now, how do I put them on. The dude at Fitness Zone told me to just start wrapping low and tuck the end under when you get over the knee a ways, but theres got to be more science than that in it? Some sort of criss-crossing pattern, etc?

Please bear with me... Sorry for the novice posts.

I wrap mine upside down from most people. I start just above my knee caps then wrap slightly overlapping each time. They end up just below the knee cap in the flat spot over the tendon. Then I take the end and tuck it under about two layers of the wraps up above. Make sure they overlap and don't slide around otherwise they won't do much good. Like I said I do it opposite of most people normally most guys start below the knee and move up but some process as I described.

Cheers,
Scotsman

i m not an authority on it but i put 1 layer around below the knee and then do the criss cross thing starting from down and moving up...... i criss cross in the front but leave the back part straight and i usually tuck it the sides

works for me

but BUMP for other advanced guys opinions?

I use the criss cross pattern starting above my knee, I warp 'em really tight and have about 30 seconds to do my set before my legs go numb, I love seein' the silver fish after My set though!!!

Same here as far as being new to wrapping. I'm not doubting anyone who posted but I have not seen a response from the usually trustworthy captains i.e powerlifter jay , the mann , 1 dawg, even Deepsquatter.

How do you guys wrap????

Mike

I kinda depends on the kind of wraps you have. If you've got the Inzer black 3 stripe then those a quite a bit longer than the white 2 stripe that I use. With those I've noticed the guys have the ability to start at the top and wrap down and back up again. With mine I start just below the knee and wrap as tight as possible up to the knee and over. One thing powerlifterjay always told me since I was relatively new to PLing was to always tie up top just above the knee. This gives the illusion when you squat that your knee is higher which makes going parallel a bit easier. Every little bit helps. One last thing, roll your wraps up snug in a roll before you wrap, this allows you to get a much tighter wrap when wrapping your knees.

I've usually use the cris cross pattern but I've also just wrapped them straight around. I didn't notice any difference. The main thing is to roll them up tightly first (don't leave them stored for a long time like this) This makes it easier to put on tight. Each time I wrap one layer I pull them tight.

Top Bottom