Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just started squatting Any reccomendations on form?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey guys and girls. I just started squatting a few days ago. Ive been using a wider then shoulder width stance , arch in my back, and bending forward slightly at the hips. Someone at my gym advised me on this form. Not sure what the best form is though. Feels awkward now, but maybe Ill adjust. On one of the threads I saw alot of criticism towards bending forward during squats. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Good points by Ironlion.

WB,

You are capable of perfoming inclines presses with 405lbs, yet you are just learning how to squat?

there is nothing wrong with leaning forward some, as long as you are carrying the bar low where it belongs...lol

check out the sticky with the exercise videos by the asylum crew

louden_swain said:
Good points by Ironlion.

WB,

You are capable of perfoming inclines presses with 405lbs, yet you are just learning how to squat?

Hey Louden! Good to hear from you. Well,405 assisted. The most Ive done unassisted is 335 275X9 225X20. It makes a huge difference for me to have hands near or touching the bar. I havent really tested my max too well on inclines though, and since my incline is very close to my bench Im thinking I could get 360 unassisted. It doesnt count until I do it though haha. Ive never really squatted regularly,but Ive trained my legs pretty hard. I used to puke everytime I trained legs, which was atleast once per week. I did alot of heavy leg presses. Legs used to be torture. Id do 16 plates (800lbs) for 52 reps as one of my sets. Going up to 1100lbs (22 plates) for over 20 reps. Have done 1300lbs (26 plates) at another gym for about 12 reps.Then Id go back down again taking all my sets until I punked out.Then Id do leg extentions hard and heavy and leg curls if I had anything left. I took some months off from training my legs and am just getting back into it. I decided to concentrate on squats and basically ditch leg presses, or do them afterward. Since Im more interested in power now. Squats are still pretty awkward for me. ThanX for the reply! Hows the training been? Anymore PR's? Like the buffet PR's haha Need to eat more also. ThanX again

yo man nice pics in gallery..... definetely got size and thickness.... wish I started that young

IronLion said:
there is nothing wrong with leaning forward some, as long as you are carrying the bar low where it belongs...lol

check out the sticky with the exercise videos by the asylum crew

ThanX IronLion! Still working on it. My deadlift still destroys my squat, but itll probably take some time to catch up. Hows your training been?

revexrevex said:
yo man nice pics in gallery..... definetely got size and thickness.... wish I started that young

ThanX Revex! Impressive lifts on your posts. Any recent PR's? Keep em coming they always inspire. :D

lol man... youre like the only one on here that replies to posts with "hows your training going"... its pretty cool bro.

revexrevex said:
lol man... youre like the only one on here that replies to posts with "hows your training going"... its pretty cool bro.

ThanX Revex. Im still new here, but have been reading all of you guys' posts for the last month or two. Never fails to inspire me. Like to see everyone progressing. Ive gotten some good laughs too haha. Kind of insane sometimes Im sitting here by myself looking at the screen and laughing out loud. :lmao: All in all, I spend hours on this board every night/day when Im awake. So I get to know everyone somewhat. Have never seen a board like this before, really cool to see everyone helping and encouraging eachother.

http://www.asylum-strength.com/videos/lowboxsquat.wmv

that is a good side view of box squat form, you should start doing these to learn how to sit back properly....

my training sucks bro, I have torn muscles and cartilidge in my ribs so I haven't done much for two weeks....i should be able to start training next week i hope

btw bro, I love the neck tattoos....i gottat get me some of those

Top Bottom