Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

just bought a heavy bag...

TheOak84

does any one box in a regular basis? id like to start doin it for cardio and to add some strenght and speed etc. i really dont know where to begin.. i dont wanna go ape shit to where im huffin and puffing in 30 seconds. can anyone clue me in on some beginner routines or techniques?

btw - its 120 pounds and heavy as fuck i also have a jump rope if that helps

Water or HARD?

I have 3 water bags. Two are 35 pounds I believe and the other is like 120. I used to punch and kick them all the time.

Start by working on one punch at a time...and just drill it over and over. Say 20 reps each arm for several sets. Slowly work up to doing a 2 punch combo. Then...work with throwing one punch then stepping one step (small one) to the left or the right. Work on bobbing the head just a tad so that it is not in the same spot (target) all the time.

There were a few combos that I used to do all the time in my training that were fun.
I am right handed but I fight South Paw. Here is what I'd do.
Right jab head
Left reverse head
Right hook head
Left uppercut middle/head
Right jab head
Left reverse head
Right hook body
Right hook head

Then...I'd do one, then one two, then one two three, then one two three four, etc...till I completed the series about 5 times.

Hope this helps.

B True

awesome, thanx B, since im doin hst, i guess ill do this 20-30 mins after the weight training session. it is a heavy bag.

im righty but also fight south paw, damn stallone.. :)

TheOak84 said:
awesome, thanx B, since im doin hst, i guess ill do this 20-30 mins after the weight training session. it is a heavy bag.

im righty but also fight south paw, damn stallone.. :)

lol

I got that way when I switched from Tae Kwon Do to Karate. I got tired of being killed by the guys who could throw much faster and stronger kicks with their front legs/hands.

It was tough to learn to fight South Paw...but I am much better at it now than I was. I also had to work to become good with both sides. My left leg is sometimes stronger on some kicks and punches...just a little slower and less accurate.

B True

The thought two human tanks like you guys knowing/learning how to really fight is scary! LOL

Bfold I remember a few years ago, you posted pics of you in your martial arts days. Maybe my memory isn't as good as it was, but wasn't there one of you doing some sort of 'flying kick'? I remember you posted a few different ones, so I'm not sure. Do you still practice any of it on occasion?

C3bodybuilding said:
The thought two human tanks like you guys knowing/learning how to really fight is scary! LOL

Bfold I remember a few years ago, you posted pics of you in your martial arts days. Maybe my memory isn't as good as it was, but wasn't there one of you doing some sort of 'flying kick'? I remember you posted a few different ones, so I'm not sure. Do you still practice any of it on occasion?

I throw kicks every once in a while...but not too often. I'll spend a few hours throwing all kinds of flying and acrobatic kicks every now and then...and my knees will hurt for days...lol.

I think that training in Martial Arts for so many years at a young age really helped to form my body to be a much better athlete.

I was messing around with doing some jumps about a month back.
Clint%20jump%2001.JPG

Clint%20jump%2003.jpg

B True

Yikes! Thats some incredible looking stuff! You look like the Incredible Hulk when he jumps and goes flying through the air! All you need is a little green paint and you are all set for the sequel.

C3bodybuilding said:
Yikes! Thats some incredible looking stuff! You look like the Incredible Hulk when he jumps and goes flying through the air! All you need is a little green paint and you are all set for the sequel.

Naaa...it is all for fun man. Nothing that you couldn't do with a little time.

B True

Top Bottom