Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Finally did Front Squats

okay, but: what the hell are they? I thought a squat is a squat is a squat. Front? Back? Please explain!:confused:

buksoon said:
okay, but: what the hell are they? I thought a squat is a squat is a squat. Front? Back? Please explain!:confused:

front squats are done with the weight on your upper chest, with your arms in either the finish of a power clean position, or with them crossed on your chest and the weight resting on your arms.....the first is safer and im my opinion better.....
front squats rule!

WelshPH - I've only ever seen them done with the bar across the chest, arms crossed with hands over the bar.

I've never seen the powerclean version, but I assume that's basically where you're simply holding the bar on your chest with your hands and squatting.

Just from picturing that and without ever having tried it, that seems much more awkward and less stable than the crossed arms version. Could you explain what you mean?

Thanks bro. Been wanting to try these so that's why I'm asking so much.

I use the position where my arms are crossed and I use my fists to keep the bar pushed into my front delts/upper chest. I tried the "finished power clean" version and I will work on using that, but it requires quite a bit of flexibility in your wrists.

yeah, it took me a while to develop the tricep and wrist flexibility to use the clean grip, but it's definitely worth it.

Im currently under training for olympic lifting.

Im not having any trouble...except for the flexability in my hamstrings in the "setups"
and in my wrist and triceps.......for when i catch the clean

which happens to be the same position as a front squat.

heres a link for those who dont know what the front squat looks like
http://www.ironmag.com/ct_olympic_lifts_part3_05.html

and on the next page is a overhead squat.

in the front squat.........try and let the sholders hold more than the hands.

still havent got it mastered......but im getting there.

Frontal squats are killer for your lower quads, can't throw the poundage like normal squats, but they feel just as intense sometimes...

Top Bottom