Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Debunking Training MYTHS

Ercole

There is so much misinformation and old wives' tales in the fitness game. How about posting some of our favorites?

MY favorite:

MYTH: Doing hundreds of crunches or sit-ups is the way to trim yuor waist.

REALITY: Whenever I hear someone say this, I ask them, when they train their biceps, do they get bigger or smaller? Bigger, they reply, like all muscles. Then I say: so how can training your ab muscles possibly make them *smaller*?!

There is NO SUCH THING as local fat reduction brought on by high rep training. Your waist won't shrink after 1000 sit-ups any more than your legs will shrink from doing 1000 squats.

Trimming the waist is a matter of DIET and CARDIO -- burning more calories than you consume. Crunches in moderation will develop your six-pack, but your six pack will only show if you lose the fat -- which has nothing to do with weight training. Good genetics, of course, are very important when it comes small muscles like the abs or the calves.

sk* said:
after long research i have found the answer to all of life's mysteries, including losing inches from your waist and getting the body you always wanted ... my research has led me to one word -> MUSCLETECH!!!

LOL my thoughts exactly Muscletech baby!!!!

And I've discovered the quickest way to lose ten pounds! (Cut off your arm; it couldn't be simpler!)

Top Bottom