Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest/Bi's, Back/Tri's, Shoulder/Trap/Forearms, Legs

Burpees

I found a post by Guardian on his favorite routine. I like the split on paper, currently I do a Push/Pull four days a week. I asked Guardian to write up his full split for me, but I know he is swamped.. So I decided to make it a public thing and see where it pans out to.

What do you guys feel are the best exercises for this type of split? You don't need to design a routine, just drop a personal comment on a particular body part or day.:Popcorn:

Chest - low incline DB press / Bi - Barbell curl or Alt DB curl

Back - Rack DL or BB row / Tris - CG bench or weighted dips

Shoulders - BB muscle clean and press / Trap - DL or Rack DL / Forearms - Pinwheel curl or Reverse grip BB curl

Legs - Front Squat and RDL.

Thanks SouthernLord.. Pinwheels are like Hammer curls but your arm runs parallel to your chest right?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

1999TL said:
Do you work with a spotter?

no. i lost my training partner about 2 months ago. i am kind of glad bc i dont rest very long between sets. by the time he was done it was already too long.

most of the stuff i do i can get out of if i get into any trouble. i squat in a rack with the pins up. i dont barbell bench press. if i ever got stuck on close grip i could widen my grip and bench it up. skulls-i can drop the weight behind me.

i know my limits. i know when i have gone to failure and when not to try another rep. this is why i do drop sets with almost every exercise. say for the sake of argument i could of gotten another rep my drop set to failure is going to take care of me missing that rep :).

GUARDIAN said:
no. i lost my training partner about 2 months ago. i am kind of glad bc i dont rest very long between sets. by the time he was done it was already too long.

most of the stuff i do i can get out of if i get into any trouble. i squat in a rack with the pins up. i dont barbell bench press. if i ever got stuck on close grip i could widen my grip and bench it up. skulls-i can drop the weight behind me.

i know my limits. i know when i have gone to failure and when not to try another rep. this is why i do drop sets with almost every exercise. say for the sake of argument i could of gotten another rep my drop set to failure is going to take care of me missing that rep :).

You incorporate drop sets, does that mean you no longer do HIT...or do you have some mutant variation? :D

And by your previous post I assume you keep it down to 1-2 movements per body part?

Burpees said:
You incorporate drop sets, does that mean you no longer do HIT...or do you have some mutant variation? :D

And by your previous post I assume you keep it down to 1-2 movements per body part?

many HIT programs includes dropsets.

1 set per exercise (2-3 if you include the immediate drop sets) and i average 5 exercises per bodypart and i do the split as listed in the title.

GUARDIAN said:
Front Squats - Legs
Deadlifts & Rows & Chins - Back
Dips, Skulls, & Close Grip - Tri's

You still do rows with the barbell? Sometimes I feel like the machines they have these days isolate those muscles better in the upper back. Thoughts?

drsketch said:
You still do rows with the barbell? Sometimes I feel like the machines they have these days isolate those muscles better in the upper back. Thoughts?

hammer strength wide grip rows and t-bar rows in the corner with a barbell.

i like being able to do one side at a time with the hammer stuff. i can get a better squeeze/contraction.

Top Bottom