Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bar speed and training myths

benchmonster

In a reply to the thread about training myths, I said something about the myth that a bar must be moved slowly to show you control the weight, or something to that effect.

Someone replied that they thought I might have been bouncing the bar. I assured them I was not, and promised to provide a link where a video could be seen so you could tell I was moving the bar very fast, but not bouncing it at all.

Well, my good friend Irishpower was good enough to put up some video clips that I sent him, on his website. If you do a search, go to google and type in growordie

If you want a direct link to the video I was referring to, this should work:

http://207.202.218.110/training/others/benchmonster

from there go to the number 10 mpeg. That is me on the bench, Screwball spotting, and bigokie holding the boards, and the bar weight, incidentally is 600 lbs.

There are other ones on there, and many more of much stronger people than myself, but this is the one I was referring to in previous posts.

And before everyone tells me I ain't ripped. I am aware of that. I am not a bodybuilder, so I don't need to hear about my lack of symmetry. All other comments welcomed.

B.

If you are referring to the 600, no, it was not hard. It was a joke. We were all laughing about it afterward, don't know if that got on the clip. I was getting all fired up (for me) and getting into the zone, and then it just flew up like it was 225 or 315. The tension was broken, and we all burst into laughter.

If the 650 made it on the website (and I don't know, I have not seen it yet) then I can tell you, it was heavy as Hell!!!! I got squished flat, lost my upper back/shoulder blade pinch, and was unable to get it back in the rack, which caused just a bit of drama.

Next time, I will smoke it just like the clip of the 600!!!

Meet is tomorrow morning. I am just a bit fired up right now, that is the reason for all the !!!!!!'s.

B.

Video looked VERY nice...easy.

People see me train in my videos and say that it looked easy and like I had a lot more left in me. The weight that looked easy would not go up at all if I did not get a little pisses and phyched up...and it would not move unless my speed was super fast.

I either smoke a weight or miss it completely...

B True

Top Bottom