Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

yohimbine tolerance?

bonapart

I started using yohimbine 4 months ago. When I started, 8mg a couple of times a day had me completely wired - even made me unable to sleep at night.

Now, I can take 48mg per dose, 2 or 3 times a day (up to a total of 147mg per day) and it seems to have little or no effect.

I can take 6 caps (48mg) at 6pm, go for a 10 mile run, and fall right to sleep at 10pm.

I'm wondering if I should even bother taking it anymore. And should I decide to discontinue, should I taper off or just drop it.

Anyone else experience such a tolerance to yohimbine?

bonapart

yeah i got the same thing, the first couple of days i took it i was jacked up heart beating like crazy and headaches, then it didnt do a thing for me. maybe switch it off with the eca stack, do the eca for two weeks then the yohimbe

Anything that ultimately works through noradrenaline is gonna cause tolerance so that is not unusual, but the degree that you seemed to have developed might be. I have used yohimbine alot because I like it better than caffeine/ephedrine for fat loss, but I still would feel like I was having a heart attack if I took 147mg in a day. I dont even want to think what would happen if I went on a 10 mile run afterwards :)

Once you get a tolerance you need to cycle down and then off for awhile and then you can go back on with a increased sensitivity and effectiveness again :D

Hmm, well your post makes me wonder what the hell I'm taking is all about. I bought a Yohimbe supp at our local grocery store. Made by Action Labs, whatever the hell that is. It's called Yohimbe Power Max 2000, and is supposedly 2000 mg of Yohimbe Bark Extract Complex. I don't get any of the side effects that you are talking about. Not sure if the stuff I got is just bogus, or I'm just so conditioned because of my caffeine/ephedra intake that it doesn't affect me, but I don't get the heart rate problem that you are talking about.

What kinda stuff are you guys taking (brand name, contents)?

I've used twinlab's yohimbe fuel, allegedly 'standardized' for 8mg yohimbine alkaloids, whatever that means.

Yes, in my experience, being on, or coming off, an ECA stack will effect your tolerance to yohimbine - as I guess they are both considered to be moderate MAOI's.

I'm experimenting leaving a two-week break with neither, and then I'm going to cycle in the yohimbine again. I actually like plain yohimbine better than any ECA for fat loss.

bonapart

The whole herb extract will have more of a tendency to give you that wired feeling, the actual yohimbine HCL has the benefits without most of that funny feeling.

I have read in various articles that ephedrine at first will make people jittery and after awhile will become tolorent, but that the actual beneficial effect does not diminish.

so just because you dont feel lousy doesnt meen its not working still.

Top Bottom