Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WTF,a little venting here!!!

momsgettinfit

Ok so last night I get a phone call from my best friend asking me to come as her guest to the y and show her some excercises. So I of course jumped at the chance to get into the gym as I'm not in one right but don't worry joining back this week. I can't take not being in one at least until our gym is completely done.

Ok now back to my story,vent whatever. So we go in and warm up. I give her a list of what I did when I was there. Then I made sure what she was doing was good form and such. She did pretty good.

Then she starts with the I don't want to get bulky looking. I told her she couldn't she's not a man unless she taking steroids she won't look like man.

Then I told her that she can get the workout part down to a T but if she fucks up her diet then she's not going to get the results she's wanting.

She just kind of hung her head and we kept working.

Later on she says I don't know if I will even go into the free weight room. I asked her why not. She said I dunno. I told her that if she's worried about those that go in there not to be and that I was like that when I first started. I said to just walk in and start lifting they will respect that and if you need a spotter give someone a holler and they will do it. She still is like I'm not sure. Soooo I told her I'm not going to say you have to go in but if your looking to get more lean muscle which burns more fat then you really do at some point need to start using free weights.

She saw the squat box and thought it was something to hang on with gravity boots. So I told her what it was and showed her how to do a squats properly. She said oh great more weight on my shoulders. I told her that she needs to think about what she really wants and go for it and if it's not to lose Body fat and gain lean muscle then that's her choice.

I just don't understand why she asked me to show her if she wasn't going to do it.

Perhaps she didn't know WHAT you were doing, and had a picture of circuit type training in her mind. Everyone has different goals and comfort levels... I wouldn't let it get to you.

aandd said:
Perhaps she didn't know WHAT you were doing, and had a picture of circuit type training in her mind. Everyone has different goals and comfort levels... I wouldn't let it get to you.

Yeah I kind of thought that. I did let her know that she really needs to get her diet down and solid,she agreed about that. And that I would be there to support as much as I can as she is my best friend and I do love her. I hope she decides to take the leap even if it's a slow pace at first it's better than nothing ya know.

That is why I will not help friends workout until they write down 2 days worth of what they eat and we talk about diet. I don't want to waste time in the gym with them until they realize how results are diet dependant.

It has DRAMATICALLY cut down on the number of people who come to me for help. :)

I am NOT against helping people - but I am against wasting MY time. If you aren't serious, I am not taking the time to help. Tough love. :)

Daisy_Girl said:
That is why I will not help friends workout until they write down 2 days worth of what they eat and we talk about diet. I don't want to waste time in the gym with them until they realize how results are diet dependant.

It has DRAMATICALLY cut down on the number of people who come to me for help. :)

I am NOT against helping people - but I am against wasting MY time. If you aren't serious, I am not taking the time to help. Tough love. :)

Exactly! I have talked to her about her diet numerous times and have drilled her on junk and the effects of it being in your body. She is always talking about how tired she is and I keep saying to her if you feed your body the right foods in the right amounts then you will have more energy. She is a diabetic due to her weight and started a good plan but fell of the wagon.

I'm just going to mind my own. I love her and would love to see her get serious about her health but I can't make her.

I can totally relate to what you were trying to do for your friend. I just went through the same thing with my best friend. She is on High BP meds, and is taking all kinds of drugs and she is only 35 years old...The doctor told her he would take her off the meds if she lost some weight, so she asked me for advice, cuz she saw that I was losing weight (more like inches), so I gave her a diet to follow and took her to the gym, I even got her a free pass for a month....Well, she went to the gym twice with me, and her diet lasted about 2 weeks. She claims that she doesn't have time to work out or watch what she eats, because of her kids, work, etc....I told her to shut the F up, cuz I have 3 kids, I take care of my grandmother, and I work full time, and try to be a good wife....I still fit it in....Well, I just told her that she has to have it set in her mind and heart to really want to do it....Nothing else was going to help her, until she has the discipline.

You did the best that you could do, she has to chose now....I hope this helped...

Most people WANT to look good, but they want the magic cure. They don't make it a priority. It HAS to be a priority. Those people who say "I just don't have time" are actually saying...."it's just not that important to me".

ScorpioGirl said:
Most people WANT to look good, but they want the magic cure. They don't make it a priority. It HAS to be a priority. Those people who say "I just don't have time" are actually saying...."it's just not that important to me".

Your right. When I showed up at the gym this morning the trainer I was talking to and that was asking me the usual questions when your the newbie. I answered and he says WOW it's so refreshing to have someone that has a real goal.

Top Bottom