Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out on empty stomach

I dunno I don't like to accuse people of anything but it's almost impossible to get that pumped and hard looking with what god gave you haha

where do you get the energy to do weight training if you do not eat?

explain it f

My body. Nature designed me that way....

Do you think our ancestors chasing game, to get food called out "hey mr. prey I can't keep up with you because I have an empty stomach, as I've been chasing you for days with no luck of killing you... could you like come over here and let me nibble on your leg for 20 minutes because boy I sure don't have any energy and can't catch you without any" no

Do you think our ancestors said "oh shit mr tiger, I can't run from you right now I haven't eaten anything... give me a second to eat this sandwich" no.

Do you think soldiers since the dawn of time stop every 2 hours and go "woah wait, carb break hang on my stomach is empty and I'm going to fall over any second and cease to function" no.

If we had to eat before every single act of physical exertion greater than typing this post, we'd have lasted one generation as a species.

how are you gonna compare a cave man to a body builder lol

I didn't say caveman... you take a neolithic hunter and pit him against a bodybuilder from here... that hunter is going to be in better shape, he might not have huge muscles but his are effective and lethal, he might not be able to do a bunch of reps of this or that, but he has explosive power and unmatched endurance.

Go look at a hunter or warrior from a jungle tribe right now... he'll last longer than most if not all bodybuilders in the field, he'll move gracefully like an animal, he will have raw power refined for his skill set, and you know what... not very poor nutrition... all they needed is what they could gather, and then their kill. Organ meat on wild game is packed full of nutrition, between the organ meat and the rest of the meat on the animal you could live quite healthy, supplementing the rest from whatever the gatherers of your tribe managed to scrounge up you have humans in fantastic shape... what gave them early deaths were things we have medicine for, and the simple thing they couldn't go to Walmart to buy their meat, they had to go chase it down.

thats a good point. our ancestors were lucky to make it to 20 years old because of poor nutrition. they looked sickly. a dog that isn't fed well is gonna look skinny and weak.. one that is fed and exercised properly is gonna look good with a shiny coat.

Eh... not exactly true... partially true.

If you look at the neolithic hunter gatherers given good amounts of game they ate quite well... in fact all you have to do is look at the tribal cultures that still exist all over the world, they did quite well for themselves. Sure, there were still plenty of people around back then that had horrible sources of food, had poor diets etc... the same is true today.

Interesting idea but not gonna work for most people. I know I've had workouts without food in my stomach and they were terrible. Then again too much food is a bad thing too. I think if your goal is strength to bodyweight ratio this isnt gonna work that well. That guy you posted is around my same weight and height but only deadlifts 335x3-4. So bascially he looks great but not a ton of strength to back it up

What are you eating when youre not fasting?

What I normally eat. A shitload of pork, eggs, chicken, broccoli, fruit, etc.

My usual pwo meal consists of 10oz pork, 12oz broccoli, 2 cups oats mixed with 1 cup chocolate milk. About 1,600 awesome calories right there.

I dont eat any non-veggie carbs aside from pwo...but thats just me.

I have done a lot of reading on this topic. It gets pretty heated on other boards because the intermittant fasting way of training/ eating challenges ALL the bodybuilding beliefs. I was totally opposed to it when I first heard about it. The thing is...if you stop and read the studies and actually ask yourself why you believe what you believe....they don't always correlate. A lot of things we believe because that's what we were taught and that's what we've always believed.

I've tried both ways...I prefer the IF way of eating and I do train fasted on the weekends. I use BCAA's sometimes. I have had results both ways. What I would like to see more of are studies or stories of guys who compete in bodybuilding and use this way of eating. I've seen lots of guys get lean and ripped but I'd be interested in the competition guys and/ or guys who are on gear. So far, the results I've seen have mainly been from the natties.

I will share one link to a guy I have followed for a couple of years. You won't believe it but he is all natural. He trains fasted and kicks ass. He is truly a freak but has inspired many, myself included. He's never gotten on stage though, although is probably one who actually could.

Sponsored Athlete Manu Grewal Talks With Fitoverfat.com :: FitOverFat.com :: Achieve Your Fitness Dreams

Top Bottom