Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Women bb's bodyfat?

Oxygen...

I've been holding the same bodyfat for freakin forever now and I'm just stuck at a major plateau. Really sucks. I was at 8% for the last month or 2... Now finally starting to make progress bc we cut back on protein, upped carbs and took away some cardio bc I was overtraining...

Trust me, its killin me with this diet because I'm craving so many foods and its like everywhere I go there is pizza, subs, candy, etc... All the foods I really want. LOL. But I have 6 weeks and I need to stay focused I guess even though its really really hard.

As for cuts, I'm holding a TON of water. 10-12 lbs easily. Everything is pretty much there besides glutes and hams. I want harder, leaner glutes, dont really NEED them, but I keep looking at the girls w/ striated glutes and I would KILL FOR THOSE! lol. There is no way I would be ready to get into a show earlier than what I'm at now. Being 6 weeks out today I'm paranoid enough, havent started putting together a routine or anything yet!!! I have to figure out music which has been a major problem for some reason, cant make a decision.

Flex4life: No, my show is in Florida. :)

AJ

The area I was paranoid about was my mid-section. I had a boxy waist to start and I was so frikkin worried I would go into the show with no lower abs, but the double cardio that last week really helped! Im lucky with my legs and glutes, striations in my glutes 6 weeks out (I just dont hold any water or fat there).
My water loss was 5lbs. I was so paranoid about making weight I dropped too many lbs. before I started depleting. And girl, get your routine going.. thats by far the funnest part!! Pick some song you love, cuz youre gonna have to listen to it every damn day till the show. (I now never want to listen to my song ever again!(LOL)

Oxygen...

It sounds like I am built just like. I am 5'8" and I am 8 1/2 weeks out. My abs are my last thing to come in. My legs come in about 6 weeks out. I carry my weight just like a guy. I usually have to double up on cardio the last few weeks and eat a lot of fish. For the first time I am trying some t3 though to see if that helps me lean out easier. I can put on muscle, but getting hard is another story. I am 10% BF and 170 lb. For my first show I weighed in at 137.5, so needless to say after a lot of a changes in trianing and diet and I have put on some good muscle. I have no idea how much I will weigh in at this time. I hold a lot of water also. Did you try t3 at all? If so, did you get any good results.

Thanks, for any help.

-Amhum

Regarding skinfolds,

To my knowledge, there is only one skinfold formula that is validated down to 7.6% bodyfat in women, a four site skinfold by Withers, 1987. Most formulas for women are generally not validated below 10-15%. This means that they should not be used on anyone less than leanest female in the study. If you do use them, odds are the values will be less than they really are. We found that in the leanest women we studied (4-5% using DEXA and UW), if we used a 6 site women's formula validated to 10%, the leanest women were producing NEGATIVE % bodyfat values (i.e., they were way off). The best way to measure body fat is still UW weigh or DEXA on lean women if you want accurate numbers or two follow changes due to diet, supplements, etc.

W6

I am not sure. You never know, those last few weeks you seem to drop so much. I am suprised I have been able to hold on to my weight, but I did start 21 weeks out this time instead of 12. And I think that has helped tremendously. Feel free to e-mail me [email protected] and I can fill you in on more details. Since I have been with my new trainer I have made a lot of changes, from diet to workouts to rest.

Oxygen -

I"m humbled -- I'm also 5'7" - I competed my first novice show at 133 and about 8-9% bf. You look fantastic -granted I had very little clue about competition for my first show, but I was impressed w/ myself for a clueless chick LOL! Your legs look fantastic! I had the tie-in going by needed so much more cutting it was ridiculous. But I also felt like a bag of bones at 133.

Just wanted to shoot some props your way - truly inspirational!

Thanks y'all! The compliments are much appreciated!
Amhum, I have never tried t3, but I did take aldactone for my whole 8 weeks of dieting. (an actual rx given to me by my doctor for pms). Of course I wasn't using it just for PMS this time :D

Oxygen,

Really? Did you up the doseage the week of the show to help drop water? I am going to take some lasix when I dehydrate, but I am not sure of the doseage yet b/c I don't want to cramp, since it is not potassium sparing like aldactone. If you like I will keep you up to date on how the t3 goes. Its my first time using it.

Yes, I did up the dosage by 50% for 2 days only right before the show. But, as with anything, be careful, my body is accustomed to this because I had been using it for years for bloating. Also, if possible, I came in the show a little too dry. Next time I need more carbs and a little more H2O to be a bit fuller.

Top Bottom