Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Winter Tanning

Living in Florida I lay out by the pool or at the beach during the summer. In the short winter we have I tan. I don't like to get too dark because I don't want to age any quicker either. But I feel much better with at least a little tan.

Self tanners!! SELF TANNERS!

At 39...i can tell ya...u will ruin your skin...have a gurlfriend who is 32....was a stripper....so tanned all the time.....she has ruined her face....

i use either Neutagena foam in deep dark or Bain de Soleil in dark....and get citric acid peels every month....just started using Renova under my eyes....and i have almost no wrinkles....

i don't mind aging...just want to do it well!

I tan once a week and that's it - but that's just enough to keep a pretty dark tan - since I am 1/4 american indian and 1/4 hispanic (the other half is white...).

I put a moisturizing tanning lotion on my face to hopefully help prevent the drying out of my skin. I am in Texas so it's not uncommon to see tanned people in the winter time....

I was cursed with super pale skin that never tans, so I never tanned. For some odd reason, I never burned either - I just reflected the sun! That curse is now a blessing because at 38, I have great skin. (Finally, my mother was right about something!)

I'm addicted to self-tanner year-round, because I absolutely HATE looking pale. I don't want to be mistaken for a corpse!

Alrighty then, let's turn this into a "how the heck do you apply self tanner evenly?" thread....
Last time I used it, I had little polka dots where my pores absorbed more than the rest of my skin....I exfoliated beforehand...I'd be terrified to put it on my face. Eek! If I screwed up...I'd be in the house for a week. So let's hear your pointers please...brands, application tips....:)

Yeah, i am curious too on how to use those damn self tanners...i get those little spots too even though i exfoliate first. I heard mix a little moisturizer in with the tanner, but that didn't work for me either...and i don't want to do anymore real tanning b/c i had done if for a while and i am only 23 and already have wrinkles by my eyes. And i knew of a girl in high school (she was 16) who tanned all the time and looked absolutely terrible from doing it so much. So anyone with some good self tanner pointers, please help or any brands that you recommend.

I have overly sensitive skin, is it still ok to use self tanner on my face without worrying it would break out? I have NEVER used any self tanner on my face b/c i am terrified of breaking out, so i just use bronzer on my face. Can anyone who has sensitive skin recommend a self tanner for the face that won't make me break out

Self-tanning tips:

Definitely exfoliate. Then before applying tanner, apply extra moisturizer to any areas that tend to over-tan, like tops of feet, ankles, knees, elbows, etc. Apply several thin coats of tanner rather than one heavy coat. I wear surgical gloves. After I've done my body, I rub a small squirt of tanner on the backs of my hands, feathering lightly at the edges so there's no line of demarkation.

Brands I like: Since I'm a volume user, I stick to the cheap ones I can get at the drugstore. I like Banana Boat, Neutrogena, Bain de Sole (no idea how to spell that!).

As for the dark spots in the pores, I used to get this on my shins. Now when I shave my shins, I shave upwards AND downwards. For some reason this has helped.

Selftanners....i've used tons of different kinds..

i'm auburn hair, blue eyes, and skin like the belly of a toad....tanning only makes me red and freckled....

so....of everything i've used....

Neutragena in the foam is awesome....really even....as is the Bain de Soleil in the creme that is tinted....also Neutragena makes one just for the face that is tinted...i luv it....

I use surgical gloves too...and make sure i've shaved legs....

I put it on every few days...keeps it from coming off in weird patterns....

Everyone always asks me how I keep sure a pretty tan!

There's a good place on the web for getting Neutragena....if u buy 6 bottles its about $6 a bottle ....it's Coastal something or other...have to look on computer at home...or do a search for Neutragena ...

I have hubby hooked on it too...even though he tans well...and we have a tanning bed for him at home...

Top Bottom