Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who has used a REALLY wide grip during bench?

Freak Show

Do you think its a good idea to do this for bench every once and a while, or will it do nothing more than injure you? Thoughts, comments, 2 cents worth?

its a good shock technique...... and something powerlifters do to break thru that medium point sticking point in you bench.......

but beware

you will have to use less as not to injur yourself

exodus is right.we d them once a month,and we do very light weight.we call them illegal wide grip.index finger on ring(outside lines).we do max 6 reps very explosive,but light.takes tri's out as much as possible and puts the strain more on pecs,but be very careful not to fuck with your shoulders.we go back and fourth between that and heavy d/b.

Tried it for the first time last month.

I almost couldnt move my arms cause my pecs were so blasted.

The only problem i had was racking/unracking the weight. But thats just because of the set up i have at home.

They will be a definate regular in my chest work out. I didnt realise how weak my chest is compaired to my Tris....or how much of a role the tris play in benchpress.

I give them the thumbs up

this is how i bench; my triceps are very stong so this is how i must to them to stimulate my pecs. my grip is really wide; about 2.5 inches on the other side of the thick rings on both sides, yes for some its too wide, but if you slowly move it out each workout your body will adapt and you will not be prone to injuries like people may think.

the stretch you get in the pecs is like no other, its amazing, sometimes to shock my muscles, i widen the grip by another .5 inch!

i love this technique and will continue to do it.

I think that my bench is pretty wide for the most part... it really limits my ROM on certain exercises like shoulder presses etc. but I feel like I can handle the weight better and hit the targeted muscle group better with that wider grip. Good luck bro.

:D:D

I'm always changing tempo,reps and sets all the time.I incorporate wide grip also.It makes an incredible difference if done properly.Don't wory about having to drop the weight.stick to that good strict form.I like to do decline wide grip very much.

Someone at my gym, a guy spotting me, made a comment on my grip, saying it was too wide. He asked me if I was doing a chest workout or a shoulder workout. He suggested I move my hands inside the ring so my pinky is on it. Does that hit the chest most effectively?

Top Bottom