Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who follows Complete body-building, and what's your version of it?

karateguitar

I was an advanced Body-builder from 1990 to 2002, and was going to stay on it until I shit my pants and died, but because of the way I was born, my back started going out in 2002, and now I can't do Complete bodybuilding like I did, but I still do what I can!

This is MY version of complete BB, taking into account my Chronic Pain and Back lockage:
1. I can only use Power Bands, and I know some guys snicker, but I WILL DO what I can to not only stay in shape, but also for longevity! I can only do a few exercises, but my arms and shoulders are still "decent". We HAVE to keep using resistance as long as we can!
2. I've been studying Internal Martial Arts since right after I got married in '94, and for a few years I taught advanced self-defense mostly to women because they get brutalized too often. Martial Arts, and or self-defense is crucial to the life-style of a Warrior!
3. Left/right Brain training: I taught myself guitar (with books, no teacher), and shortly after I wrote more poems, and I started writing lyrics for songs, and in just a short time, I had written over 80 of them, until it almost drove me crazy, especially with the rhyme lyrics. Again, this works both brains, but one may get worked more than the other, and if you don't work them both, you could age sooner, and/or get Alzheimers! (spelling?) I also have been writing left-handed for about 8 years, in case I only have the one hand, and I use it as Meditation as I write. Again, it works the mostly right brain, and I know it's imperative to keep the Brains cooking!
4. Nutrition. No need to cover it, once you're in this life-style, you learn what's good for your body, etc. There's also restrictive eating (eating less calories for longevity), eating for Power, using Protein, etc. There's also "miracle" supplements coming, maybe within 5 to 10 years, to help us age better, more energy, and more!
5. Anything and everything you can find; Anti-aging, whether it's a nutritional supplement, restrictive eating (eating less calories to prolong life), advance breathing methods, Yoga, sleep, meditation, TRY to have less stress in your life, and so many other things that I don't know about, but the pipeline for some of these "miracle" supplements may be out in less than 10 years, and investors for them are salivating over them! Massage is also deemed to be important, especially for BB's.
6. Weapons Training: it may be soon where individuals will be "taking care of" domestic and foreign terrorists! I am not F___ing around, they don't want to come visit me! I served in 2 armed services, and had a terrible childhood, so I'm extremely security-conscious, especially for my Wife! We probably won't have to fight our own government, but we may have to help the Military and Police if these scuzzy death squads try to hurt our people, we've been armed all of our history for these reasons, we will never let any invaders come in here and destroy us.
7. I guess you can say try to be more financially effective, not only for bills, protein powder, family, etc., but also for prepping for weather or war disasters!

I'm probably forgetting something............

That's awesome. Bodybuilding is something I was always drawn to as well. I have been competing since I was 15 years old. Here's a video:
(I am sure it'll give you a good laugh ��)

For me, bodybuilding is all about growing as a person - physically, spiritually and mentally.

Pretty good muscularity, how old were you then?

I also forgot to add that I walk and ride an exercise bike, and after warming up, I raise the resistance to where I have to stand up on the pedals to power thru, just like riding up a hill.

Top Bottom