Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

White rice

Mikester143

What's so special about white rice and why do so many body builders eat it? I've been eating my fair share and I'm not seeing what the hype is.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding

Mikester good question, honestly, I used to eat brown a LOT. For me, it's a nice change and also more easily digested, therefore allowing less "chewing" and more quantity to be consumed. Sure you aren't getting any vitamins/minerals that brown rice has, but that can be made up in other ways (veggies, multi's etc) Also, rice is cheap as hell too :)

It definitely is cheap and it's good quality calories, which counts for a lot. I'm working on eating all natural. Staying away from protein shakes and only eating natural sources. Rice, fish, chicken, turkey burgers, eggs, etc. found all natural turkey burgers which are a great change from the norm. I'm eating 4 cups of rice a day for my carb consumption, 1lb of chicken per day, 10oz of fish per day, 8oz of turkey burger per day, 5 eggs per day. Protein is running around 240g per day with food only.

Mikester, that's good stuff right there. Yea whole foods will always trump shakes IMO. At the same time, try to vary your carb sources as well. Just like anything else, the body can have "too much of a good thing" and later down the road may create an intolerance to it. Like eating peanut butter all those years now people have peanut allergies (this is also due to poor gut health and the gut being permeable). I like to switch rice up with fruits, sweet potatoes, gluten free oats (I'm very gluten sensitive) and even like white potatoes etc.

Thanks for the great tips. So would you recommend cycling rice out for another carb say after 2 months? Or should I cycle weekly?

I think you are safe with both routes to be honest, but If it were up to me, weekly.

Top Bottom