Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

which blend is better?

young guns

i am gonna get a custom blend from protein factory. i;'ve got two possible blends and don't know which i should pick.

50 % CFM Whey Isolate/ 50 % Micellar Casein

or

40% CFM/ 40% Micellar Casein/ 20% Egg

I want this for a slow digesting protein and wasn't sure if i needed the egg protein to bridge the gap in digestion of whey and casein.

I'd go w/ the egg blend. It would probably be a little cheaper.
CFM whey and Micellar Casein will be a little pricey for me.

Imho get straight CFM Whey for before and after workouts. Get milk protein isolate which is 80% micellar casein and 20% whey and only costs $5.99/lb to drink between meals. I love the protein factory, I just finished a 5lb bag of Milk protein isolate which I take w/ flax before bed and with my Oatmeal in the morning.
I use Whey protein mixed 50/50 with maltodextrin which I take 30m before working out and immediately after working out.

I was thinking of getting a mix of:

50% whey concentrate, 20 % casienate calcium, 20% egg protein, and 10 % hydro 520 (still debating the 520...it's awfully expensive).

What do you all think of that? I usually use it as a between meal supplement.

Last edited:
I personally can't see the extra expense for hydro, and it tastes terrible. You might not notice the taste as much at 10%, but much more than that its pretty bad. I personally like the micellar casein.

I know the miceller casinen is supposed to be good, but it's like twice as expensive as the casinate. Is it really that much better? Maybe I'd be better off with it and not using the hydro.

I know the milk protein is supposed to be 80% casein. Anyone know whay type that is? It's much cheaper than a mix of miceller casinen, but more expenive than caninate calcium and WPC at a 80 - 20 ratio.

maddogbob,
thanks for the idea. i checked it out and found that most of the casein is milk is micellar anyway, so i'm gonna go with a milk, whey, egg blend, which is saving me about over $2 a pound, which doesn't seem like much, but if i took that off of every pound of protein i bought before i'd already have this order paid for.

Top Bottom