Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whey or creatine or ? or none for now?

yosshimura

High End Bro
Platinum
I am doing light weights 20-30 min/day and Cardio 20 min each day, resting one day per wk. I am also taking 6 ripped fuels/day, and following a 6 meal / day routine (still working on the right mix of foods). My food intake is still a little low in calories, I think (about 1K / day), but am working on it like I said.

Now to the question........... Take Whey or creatine? My objective for now and probably the next 4-6 months is to loose body fat and get down to a realistic weight (now at 199 5 10") . So should I take either one of these supplements or something else? I am afraid of the amount of protein, since I am not working to bulk up right now :confused: .

Oh, I am drinking one Myoplex deluxe for my meal after workouts (I work out first thing in the am.)

thanks ;)

personally i dont consider whey a supplement, it is just a more convenient quick way to get protein than cooking and eating a piece of chicken, newayz the myoplex seems good after your workouts but if u want to take whey just depends on if u need more protein in your diet or if you want variety, whole food is better though not counting postworkout. as for the creatine you could use it for strength purposes while cutting, but some people avoid it b/c of the weight gain and water retention effects.

I keep hearing the "weight gain" on the creatine :( .... I can't afford that right now, even if it is water or whatever..... I gotta get the weight down so I can focus on muscle :D . I lost about 40 pounds since April, but for the last couple wks (since starting to work out AND increasing calorie per day) it hasn't gone down, which I understand, but want to see some more come off eventually (hopefully a SOON eventually :D )

Xenadrine -> I have read some on that one, but when I compared prices to Ripped Fuel the other day, it seemed a bit more expensive :rolleyes:

Now I see how I keep hearing people spending all this $$ on supplements :rolleyes: Not really the focus right now, but something I need to keep in mind.

how u say you gotta get the weight down so you can focus on muscle, the creatine weight gain you get isnt fat weight so you are focusing on muscle, it is some water retention which will go a way after you stop taking it and a little will stay, but you will get great strength gains especially with long term use as if u diddnt use it which is focusing on muscle.

oK, so creatine retains water, but you get the benifits :D .... I guess I worded my response wrong :mix: The bottom line that I am striving for is eliminate body fat (the typical love handles / stomach issues) and gain muscle (in that order). I guess one is used to measuring fat via weight instead of body fat .

So bottom line, if I take creatine it will give me great strength :D , be able to lift more which in turn will give me more muscle and burn some calories together with my cardio; in turn I will gain some pounds due to the creatine... Where does this extra poundage go to?:confused: Is there a number I should expect :bawling: to increase? It won't affect my body fat of course, right? :D

thanks

I gained 10 lbs when I started taking creatine :D but my abs got smooth (due to the water gain):p . I highly suggest taking some type of protein powder (whey/casein) and carbs for shakes through out the day. These shakes can take place of two or three of your six meals a day. This will help you drop weight while keeping muscle due to the calorie drop. I personal make my own shakes (whey and dextrose after workout then whey and Unipro Carb powder has meal replacements) but a lot people buy the packets (Met-rx, Myoplex,etc..). I really don't mess with any thermo products. I say eat clean and do some cardio to cut up.

I agree, Protein would be your Best choice. Creatine will prob add a few lbs to you and thats not want you want, even if allows you to get stronger. Use creatine when bulking and the strength gains can also help you bulk up. Since you said your total cals are low, protein will help you there also...

Good diet with proper carbs/prot/fat is TOOOO improtant!!

Good Luck...

protein would be the best choice. Its the most basic nutritional thing you need. But about the creatine, the weight you gain is on creatine is about 50% water 50% muscle. As long as daily weigh in's arn't part of your workout why not just take the creatine.. All that water weight falls off when u go off

Top Bottom