Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When to take ALA?

vtec96

When is the best time to take this? Before workouts, after workouts, or with meals?

What would be a good amount to start out with?

Thanks,

I take 100-200mg with every meal, also dubble dose post workout. I take 1000-1200mg per day. Love the stuff.

I take 200mg with my post workout shakes. I think it really helps me recover faster. I just started taking it and am noticing a faster recover from workouts.

FHG

dgreenhill said:
I started taking ALA after what I read on here...and it has some great benefits. However, I found that the flax seed oil capsules has a great percentage of ala also.. ? Should I just stick with the flax seed oil or go with both?
ALA is used as an abbreviation for two different things: alpha-lipoic acid, and alpha-linoleic acid. The ALA in flax is alpha-linoleic acid, and actually suppresses natural eicosanoid production(This is Barry Sears' take.) You'd have to be taking quite a bit of flax for this to be a problem, though. 1 tbsp or so a day shouldn't be too much of a problem. I personally prefer fish oil for this, and several other reasons, though.

Top Bottom