Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wheat: Good Or Bad?

PANTS

Just realised my diet is high in wheat: pasta, cereal and bread.
Is wheat good (protects the heart,etc), or bad (iron depletion,etc)?

Any views?

it depends :

whole wheat bread = good (moderate/low GI)
white bread (still from wheat) = bad

No I mean like Wheat in general. I understand the GI thing.
Its just so many people avoid Wheat for many reasons: fat loss being one of the main ones.
You saying its OK as long its a low GI?
Any research on wheat out there?

OK here I go again with my favorite book. Protein Power Lifeplan by Mary and Micheal Eades has an extensive chapter called The Leaky Gut. I can't really summarize it very well in this short a space but basically eating lots of wheat products can cause undigested wheat to ferment when it hits your colon. Which in turn causes it to expand and start making a return trip into your system.
I guarantee that if you read this one book all your questions will be answered because that is only one aspect that they talk about regarding overconsumption of grains. The book is 9.95 it is an oversized paperback. Their first book is just called Protein Power don't get that one the Lifeplan one is much better.
I used to eat nothing but pizza, sandwiches, toast, and cereal until I read that book. It really opened my eyes and I haven't touched a piece of pizza in years.

Last edited:
Pasta is ok, Wheat is good. Bread with yeast is not good. It will just make your retain more water. I wouldnt worry about it so much. Dont eat alot yeasty goods.

Necromaster,

bread made with yeas (saccharomyces cerevisiae) is not good as you said
but ,
if the bread is made with leaven (? don't know if it is the right word in english: I mean natural yeast made with fermented flour and water) it is OK (no phytic acid, better digestion,...

I am in the USA. You should be able to find that book at any major bookstore. If not you can order it from Amazon or Barnes and Noble online or something like that. It will be in the Diet section even though it is much more than a diet book. Ok I checked out Amazon.co.uk the UK site for Amazon. They have Protein power Lifeplan for £6.29 .

Last edited:
Top Bottom